Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Brake Booster, under floor, ’77 GMC (gas) info?

uglytruk ยท 2005-05-22 01:07

There is a similar chassis to mine with a nice at the local junkyard, almost new vacum brake booster.This mounts under the drivers step. Mine seems to work ok, but the very helpful yard-man said they are a desirable item, as they rust-out. What should I pay for a spare? Mine doesn't look rusty. :roll

Replies2
  1. #1will_gurt2005-05-22 07:17

    From my understanding they rot out from the inside out.

  2. #2uglytruk2005-05-23 07:15

    How many donneros? The junkyard businness of 1/2 price is kinda' funny, especially when the parts' half worn. I like paying 10%, or buying the whole running vehicle for $100. :guns Has anybody bought one of these boosters new? Would seem like several hundred $$$. My tactic is to buy in bulk, as I have about ten crap-cans to feed. It hurts when I pay $125 for a "runner", and then have to pay $125 for four used tires, n/i rims. :cussing