I was wondering if anyone knew what size threads Champion used on the brake hose for the clutch master cylinder to slave cylinder? It's a standard size but I'm not sure what. I'm replacing the slave cylinder and don't know if the 90 deg. on the old slave cylinder will be reusable. I think the nuts are 7/16".
I think I figured it out. The brake hose I think is 3/8-24 inverted flare and I think the slave cylinder is 1/8 NPT. Is this common?
Did the old fitting on the slave cyl have a flat brass or copper washer on the male end? If it did, it will be straight threads
I don't think so. I just threaded the new brake hose into the elbow. Same with the master cylinder. The master cylinder end needed to be snugged a little tighter to stop a slight leak but everything was good after that. It doesn't show a washer on the parts diagram but not sure if it would anyway.
NPT would be unusual in brake lines, but this is a slave cylinder on a grader, so it it fits, it must be.
I'm thinking the threads in the slave could be NPT but the hose is 3/8 24 inverted flare and have found 90 deg. brass street elbows to match. I can call the shop that made the hose and the slave is easy to take to match the threads. I might be able to reuse the elbow from the old slave but would prefer a new one incase the threads are stretched or deformed. Don't want to have to chase leaks. I don't want to touch the fitting on the master. We got so it's not leaking so leave it alone.