Hi folks, I recently acquired a 1966 Austin Western Super 300 that is in pretty nice shape apart from one hydraulic leak. Serial number is V366-10630 . I also recently enjoyed browsing through Dwan Hall's restoration of his AW grader - extremely impressive! My first two questions for this forum are: 1. Where's the best source for an operator and/or service manual for this serial number? There is one PDF online that seems pretty decent but it appears to be for older models. It's the kind of thing I'm looking for, though. 2. I need to replace the seals in the right-rear steering cylinder. How hard is it to get those things out? I've searched around on the 'net but haven't found any videos or commentary about doing this particular job. Thanks all.
Congratulations on your new baby and welcome to the family here.
There are some Aw folks here maybe they will have what you need
@shopguy I sincerely hope so! I love the grader and its classic look. This is my first piece of heavy equipment so expect some n00b questions from me, but not afraid to get my hands dirty!
I bought this one. PDF. I tried to attach it but apparently the file is too big. I think I can email it.
@Alusium Wow, that looks like it's exactly what I am looking for! Not sure how I can share email securely via the forum... maybe there is a private message option that I can figure out!
@Alusium Well, I did not find a private message option, but would be very grateful if you could forward that PDF to [email protected] !
Email sent. Let me know if it worked. Not too good at this kinda stuff, so, if it didn’t work, I’ll ask my wife to help me.
@Alusium I received it just fine - huge thanks! I think what I need now is to find the service manual that talks about how to properly maintain the machine, etc. If you have any good leads on that, please let me know!
Well done @Alusium Looking forward to pictures and progress on the grader. I have no use for one, but much love.
Hi, I'm looking for a copy of this as well for my Super 300. Do you still have it available? Thanks, Chris
conversation started… need a email address.
I just bought a 1976 Austin Western Super 300. My plans were to fix it up but I wrecked it driving it up my driveway after it was just dropped off. I'm going to need a bunch of parts now unless I decide to just part it out. I was coming up a steep hill and the transmission popped out of gear and I went rolling backwards pretty fast into a tree. The brakes wouldn't stop it even though I was standing in the pedal. I didn't have time to try and put down the blade because I was too busy steering. Has anyone converted the brakes to disk brakes on one of these?