Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Brake press low 966k

Alafasi · 2025-03-15 12:14

Hello everyone Fault code E284-2 Low Brake Accumulator Pressure 966k xe Serial no: NGX00352 Any idea how to solve it

Replies16
  1. #1Nige2025-03-15 12:20

    Under what operating conditions is the E284 happening.? First a question. Do you have access to ET.? If so do a Product Status Report in pdf format and provide the software Part Numbers for the following ECMs. Powertrain Implement Machine Monitor

  2. #2Alafasi2025-03-15 12:25

    Have access only to the engine c9.3 Don’t know from where I can get 966k loader software

  3. #3Nige2025-03-15 12:26

    OK, so under what exact operating conditions does the E284 happen.?

  4. #4Alafasi2025-03-15 13:23

    It’s coming When the wheel loader moving the Issue come directly then if I press the brake or the park switch then gone, let’s say for some time 20 seconds and some time 2 minutes maximum Note: I replace the switch and still the issue coming

  5. #5Nige2025-03-15 13:44

    OK. With the machine parked and the brake applied, start the engine and let it run for two minutes or so. Next turn off the engine and after it stops turn the key back ON again. Allow a few seconds for the electronics to power back up again. Press the right brake pedal to the floor, pause for a second, then release. Repeat that process until the E284 alarm sounds. How many pumps of the brake pedal does it take.?

  6. #6Alafasi2025-03-16 09:24

    I did This steps, 2 days ago It’s more than 7 or 10 times After this step if I run the engine again it’s coming for 1 or 2 seconds as normal, then once move issue coming again

  7. #7Nige2025-03-16 13:47

    The first thing I would suggest, just to eliminate the possibility, is to test and recharge the brake accumulator(s). After that I would connect to the brake system pressure test port and temporarily install a pressure gauge in the cab. Observe the system pressure while the machine is in operation, especially if the E284 Event becomes Active.

  8. #8Alafasi2025-03-17 04:52

    I’m so sorry I repeat the steps today to be sure about how many pumps of the brake pedal does it take, and it was 3 to 4 maximum only.

  9. #9Nige2025-03-17 10:37

    3-4 pumps maximum confirms the diagnosis. The accumulator precharge pressure is low. There are 2 brake accumulators on the machine. Hopefully all that is required is recharging with nitrogen. However if the problem comes back in a short time there is the possibility that one or both accumulators may have to be replaced. NOTE: Replacement accumulators are supplied uncharged .

  10. #10Simon C2025-03-17 21:58

    We had three 980 H models at a place I worked at. Before they made it to 10000 HRS every accumulator had failed, not just loss of pressure. The fitting you charge into would leak out 2-3 liters of oil, so we just bought expensive new accumulators. Then we could get more than 6-7 pedal applications before the warning light would come on. Yes they come not charged. Simon C

  11. #11Alafasi2025-03-20 04:44

    Hello Ok I bought a new one but as u guys say it have to be filling But no idea how mush it supposed to be filled

  12. #12Nige2025-03-20 10:13

    Attached the procedure for charging the accumulator. In your climate I would imagine the precharge pressue will be around 920-950psi depending on the actual ambient temperature at the time the accumulator is charged. Check the table of pressures in the document for exact details. This procedure will require special tools.

  13. #13Alafasi2025-03-21 07:45

    They not This is the correct information

  14. #14Nige2025-03-21 10:02

    That information is not what you are working on. It is for the implement pilot accumulator, NOT the brake accumulator.

  15. #15Alafasi2025-03-22 05:29

    That’s what I have been replaced I shared they part numbers also that’s mean I have to start from beginning again ‍♂️

  16. #16Nige2025-03-22 10:31

    Before you do, please take a look at the attachment. It is the System Operation document for the braking system. There are TWO accumulators on the brake system, not one. How do you know which one of them is the bad one.? So before removing anything from the machine I would strongly suggest that you get the nitrogen charging tooling out and check the precharge pressure of BOTH brake accumulators before proceeding further. They look like this.........