Good day gents, I have a 2006 644J loader I recently purchased. Runs great, just replaced all the filters and fluid before putting into service and I seem to have a light on the dash that comes on every now and then. The check trans filter light will pop on for a few seconds and then go away. Can I clean the sensor and reinstall? The info screen on the dash is dark (I can't see anything on it) I contacted JD and they are backed up on service calls so I am going to try to fix it myself. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks Paul
Is the operation of the transmission being affected? If not, it may just be a cold start bypass. Provide your serial number of the machine. Our expert Deere people will need that to help you.
Here is the PIN DW644JX610099 I was going to remove and clean it to see if that helps
Possibly use thinner oil for cold temps. The sensor is a piston with a simple on/off switch.
I took it out and put the ohm meter on it, it's always open and never closes, even if I push in the little round ball. I put a pressure gauge in the same hole and it held 70 psi at idle and would go up to 100 or so when I rev'ed it up a little. Apparantly it needs the plunger in it to operate the park brake because that wouldn't shut off till i put the plunger and original switch in. I tested voltage at the wire and it's about 7.8 volts or so, I jumped the wire thinking that it is normally closed (switch) but that didn't make a difference. I've got John Deere coming out next week, I don't want to ruin the loader but I'm thinking its a non issue.
Swampu, with low diff pressure in filter plunger will press the ball, switch is open. With higher pressure switch will close. Assume switch is faulty. TCU will throw filter code only in a limited speed and temp range. Reason: With high engine rpm (and/or temp) diff pressure will permanently exceed spring force.
That makes since because ive noticed that you can run the machine with no light and when you pull to a stop and let it idle the light will come on.
Resistance of the switch with the engine running should read approximately 510 ohms. When the switch is removed it should read that it is open (0L on the meter). Press the ball on the switch and it should be approximately 510 ohms. If it does not change as you indicated, the switch is defective. Has anyone ever replaced the switch? The correct switch should have an orange/red connector body, not a black connector body.
Mg2361, i'm not sure if they replaced it but it is the orange/red switch. I would assume they didn't because all the old filters were wix so I would think a replacement switch would be a aftermarket. I'll order the switch tomorrow and get it installed. Man I sure appreciate you guys and I'll put the switch on and report back if it fixes the problem. Thanks again