Hi, I have a problem with the brakes on a grove rt530. For some reason the hidraulic oil is getting into the brake fluid reservoir. The only hose with hidraulic oil is attached to the brake booster, so I see no reason to see hid oil into the brake fluid reservoir. Also, when the problem firts started, I noticed that the brake foot pedal actually worked as gas pedal, I mean, the engine was increasing its RPM when I stepped on brakes. How did this happen? What is the relationship between gas pedal and brake pedal? After a couple minutes, the brake pedal started to work the way it should be. The¨ mechanic¨ removed the brake master cilinder and the booster, and he found some pieces of plastic and silicon gaskets inside the booster but we have no idea about where it was coming from. Any ideas? Thanks yall.
we had a crane that the master cylinder was leaking, and basically toast, the wrong fluid was being added to the reservoir. They were adding brake fluid, when it calls for a mineral based hydraulic oil. I think the difference is the old type brake fluid versus the new type fluid.