These are some old pics I had put onto a CD so I could post them. Taken around 1979-80 at Missouri Valley Machinery in downtown Omaha. Now Nebraska Machinery. This dealer location isn't even there anymore, now home to the Quest Center, our new civic auditorium. 1)983, JCB hoe 2)D7G 3)931 with hoe 4)950,966C,D7G 5)910/920,950,D7G,955L,977L,D8K
More new iron. 1) 955L,977L,D8K, D6C 2)613A's 3)627B 4)D6C somebody's new toy, 955L.
D7G, D6C with inside arm dozer and I'm not sure what on the back. Used D2 they probably would have made you a good deal on! Hancock paddlewheel.
nice pice I love seeing the old iron when it was brand new!!!
That thing on the back of the 6 looks like a oil field winch. There used to be several around here. They deffinately had lots of power!!!!
I have to say that this is a cool thread. I won't say anything about "real Cats" and Aurora, and ONLY Aurora, because guys get mad at me , but cool thread nonetheless.
Man I wish we would see the Pacman logo return
Could not agree more!! :drinkup I love seeing pics of old Cat iron , Thanks for posting them
Nice pic's, I like old iron...My wife was looking over my shoulder one day not long ago and I was looking at new Ford superdutys on the computer and asked if I was gonna buy a new pickup....No I answered.. just looking at what I might be driveing 10 or 12 years from now.gh
tha is what my 613A looked like when it was new i never seen one with a cab i wonder how hot it got in there because or is a hot son of a gun to opperate in the summer
i like older machine. especially older koehring excavators
cool pictures, the 80's when contractors made money hand over foot. When I bought five Lulls Three I still have
Awesome, awesome, awesome pics! Thanks so much for taking us back in time a little, everyone loves old iron!
thats some nice old equipment would love operate everyone of them
Koehring Check out Stretces gallery of actual equipment. He has a pic of my 455.
Nice pics. Those of us that get to still run old iron better enjoy it while it lasts. With the new emition law comming into affect pretty soon all we'll be able to do is look at pics on the commputer "sad"
Things that we never saw in Australia- the Hancock Elevator. Was it 11 or 22yd3. Hancock bowls were the best & appeared on Wabco, Terrex & Michigan elevators. The 210H Michigan was my favourite, with suspension too, would outperform the 623b's with their B grade "johnson" bowls :tong but that transmission was too complex & was their downfall Any pics of a Michigan 210H or HB Alan ?
Me too!!!!! Max.
Now look at how many of the old machines are still in service today ? A large percent are still working while the high tech have to have a computer tech standing by when the windows program has a problem and kills the machine.
most of those machines are still in use today
Bumping an old thread, because I think its really cool. I live in the area so its really neat to see this. Thanks for sharing!
New Olds These should fit here,never knew where to show them
New Olds little newer
Hello Skadill, Is it you standing on the 235?? I really like the picture with all the Terex dozers!! Max.
Skadill I don't mind you posting those pics at all, they fit in just fine with the vintage of my pictures. I took these in 1980 or so, I would have been 17 or 18 and the only camera I had was my Kodak 126 Instamatic.Remember those? Try and get that film developed today.. I have a roll that's been in my drawer for 25 years.. can't even remember what's on it! To answer BigRus' question.. Clark-Michigan and Hancock scrapers are a rarity around here.. see one once in a while. The machine I pictured was a trade-in at the Cat dealer where I took these.. by memory I'd say it was about the same size as a 613 or LeT-Wabco D/111A elevating pan. If I was rich I'd find one of those little twin engine Michigans. I talked to a guy who owned one and said it would load itself in it's own length and go anywhere. Alan