Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Messin around with my deere

stumpjumper83 ยท 2008-11-23 18:00

Found an old model "m" pop n' john last week. Today I decided to mount the mower and see how it worked. The mower is one of three mounted attachments that i bought with the tractor. I also picked up of a two bottom plow and a disk. As for mounting the attachments, I can see clearly why the fords three point became the universal atachment system. Well, the mower works... enjoy the pic. I'll be sure to add more as I restore it...

Replies9
  1. #1dieseldave2008-11-23 22:28

    Nice little tractor, Stumpjumper! I know what you mean about the implement mounting Have you hooked up the plow yet? It's a unique experience:Banghead Ours is a '49 that was bought by my great-grandfather in 1950, been in the family ever since. That's my dad cruisin' around on it.:cool2

  2. #2stumpjumper832008-11-24 06:41

    Diesel, I must admit you win the spit and polish compition... for now. Is your three point original? Or did it come from a 40?

  3. #3dieseldave2008-11-26 20:50

    Wow, I won something! And I didn't even know I entered... Actually the M is due for another repaint one of these days, we did it years ago with cheapo synthetic enamel and farm store decals years ago and it's starting to look a little rough. I did a JD R for my dad a couple of years ago in Imron with Jorde decals and the extra effort and expense was well worth it. The three point is homemade, I think- I can get some detail pics if you want.

  4. #4dirt digger2008-11-26 21:01

    you mean a real 3pt hitch like my little toy?

  5. #5dieseldave2008-12-14 23:58

    Stumpjumper, Here's that "R" I was talking about. Out in the weather for months and still looks good- I'm an Imron convert! BTW, If this comes up twice, sorry- I thought I posted it earlier :beatsme

  6. #6indian3472008-12-24 11:28

    Siickel bar That sickel bar must B a pain to instal ! I used to drag one behind a H for houre's and loved it. Yours would B nicer in a way because you could watch the hay fall.Poietry in motion !!! Jim

  7. #7Deere96702008-12-24 17:33

    Very nice looking tractor! Id love to work some ground on that thing!

  8. #8dieseldave2008-12-24 23:32

    Come on out, there's plenty of discing to be done! It really is a neat old tractor- big old 2 cylinder torquing along at 1000rpm, you can feel every power stroke when it's on the governor. The little 2 cylinder opposed piston pony motor looks like a scale model of a Cat pony. LOL

  9. #9indian3472008-12-25 10:29

    Nothing beats the sound of thoese 2 bangers pulling hard !!!!