Don't be a victim of this scam like we were. These guys are not real. They have a great website that looks legitimate, but when you start clicking around there are some broken links. They are also selling equipment on eBay under various usernames which is how we got screwed. We contacted the police department in Torrington, Wyoming earlier today. They have received multiple calls about this business (which really doesn't exist...) & told us NOT send money to them under any circumstance. The reviews & positive comments online for BrandTech Machinery Construction are all fabricated as well. I was fooled since I saw the positive reviews on several websites including what I thought was this one. They made it look just like Heavy Equipment Forum, but it is not. Their URL has a "g" in place of the "q". They scraped several user profiles from this forum to make it look legitimate, but those people didn't post those comments or reviews. https://www..com/heavy-equipment/brandtech-used-equipment-in-wy-torrington.html They also have a fake Dun & Bradstreet webpage. I hope this post will help save someone a lot $$$, stress & brain damage. Something did not feel quite right to me & I should have trusted my instincts. If I could have found even one negative thing about them online, I would have not moved forward. I guess that should have been a red flag too...
Damn, that's a impressive scam. Those guys on the heavyeguipmentforum talk funny though. Joe H
If that fake page was what it took to sway you, don't spend your time or money on the internet.
The verbage used in the Cat 304CR post doesn't sound like anyone on here that posts regularly. It sounds fake as hell, just reading it.
Anyone taken in by that fake really needs his head read…..
Holy Smokes, that’s a very involved scam.
If it's too good to be true............Danger phrase - bank transfers only..... As soon as I clicked on that link microsoft flagged it as Doesn't seem to be the right site.
Wow, that's a lot of energy spent in trying to steal money from hardworking people.
It works, free money. Facebook home page is scams constantly every day all day, the world is full of thieves looking for suckers. The Nigerian prince business has vanished though. Joe H
Imagine a HEF thread where somebody asks about a particular brand and gets nothing but absolutely straight answers and rave reviews . . .
Crazy thing is the fact it links back to our forum here on HEF. If you click the link and press the logo on the top left it takes you back to the main forum page. Scary stuff.
Yah but I don’t recognize any names on the posts.
And when you click on any of the usernames on that link none of them take you to the member profile & posting history in a way that the genuine version of the forum would. I checked out the link and it smelled like week-old fish.........
Probably the same pricks that hijacked the forum months ago and caused all that turmoil. Get ready for the next barrage of crap.
The page is a phishing scam that has been reported. All of those usernames are actual members, I’ve been here a while. To add - those are not their words.
This is how the scam works - Would you buy a snow plow in Alabama? Million dollar scam bilking those seeking heavy equipment Carl Bates with the Better Business Bureau said the scam has probably netted between $2 million and $3 million in the last six weeks. www.al.com
Exactly why I will only ever buy what I'm able to lay eyes on and if I'm putting money out its coming home with me that day.
When I did a search last night on the company I came up with many other forums that did the same thing. Instead of saying “tractor” they would say “tractr”. I caught about 4-5 sites and gave up looking.
I found the same.
So, what did ya try to buy? And how much was it listed for?
The OP is the scammer.
??
I read post #15 and thought that's what you meant by it.
The linked page is a spoof/phishing page that is made to look like HEF. Don't think OP is the scammer.
I just figured he was probably asked to mail a certified check to pay for a $1200 kubota, or $1000 Tacoma double cab, or $1000 one time use container or $10,000 new cat mini, or a $1200 Dump trailer, etc,,,,,, I mean, cmon, if it’s too good to be true and involves ANY kind of prepayment it IS to good to be true. I really doubt the OP was scammed for payment on equipment that was listed for a fair price.
I was a victima of Brand Tech Machinery Construction,I loss couple thousand dollar with a guy Name MOD EDIT After it I soo the same Backhoe I was buy in Ebay.com I hope all this comemt can help to Google move this page from where is now. Pedro Martel Removed the personal names and phone numbers. CM
The internet is filled to the gills with fake machinery websites. They are getting more sophisticated with AI to create "old" website forum posts & such. You have to be careful & do some homework.
Another to good to be true site: https://s u p p l i e r e q u i t y.com/ ~Link edited so as to be readable to us humans, but confusing to search engines, because as a member pointed out, there's no good reason to have a link to them from this site.~
I think about the lenghts people go to scam and they really couldve just started a legit business with all that effort
Yea I was blown away by how much effort they put into some of these scams. I mentioned this before, but I got a PM from a guy on here that saw my name make a post about buying a piece of equipment from some dealer and how good the transaction was. I followed the link he provided and there was a post that looked like mine, but wasn't me. He had created this post and sent it to the potential buyer, had the guy not reached out, he would have lost his money. I reported the incident to CM1995 and he did his thing. These guys are capable of going to great lengths to steal your money.
Heavy Line Equipment in Arkansas, same thing, SCAMMERS, ridiculous low priced machines. I called and an Asian guy answered, I told him that I would come with my own trailer, pay cash and load the Dozer, he told me I could not do that, THEY must make the delivery, after confronting him with a few solid questions ...he hang up like every other scammer.
That’s crazy man. Its disgusting how people sleep at night knowing they wakeup to scam people…
Scam
They are everywhere, Facebook is filled with scammers with very nice freshly made websites, it is ridiculous when someone post a machine for sale that worth $100K for $25K and have hundreds of thumbs up, too many naive people feed the scammers. If you cannot touch with your hand, don't buy it. A trip to pay and retrieve yourself on spot is a must for long distance purchase.
The prey on peoples tightwadedness and stupidity - thinking they have found the special deal of the century.
this, so much this. People are silly gullible and that pays the bills for others. If you don't lay your hand on it, then it does not exist.
There's a few cheap $#@tards that have ripped me off that I wish would get taken by one of these scams. A little (or big) taste of their own medicine!
No you don’t, unless you’re willing to fly to a country where they don’t like you!