Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bright blue pipe?

tylermckee ยท 2006-10-01 13:43

The other day i dug through a 3" gasketed bright blue pipe, never seen anything like it before, neither has anyone from the city, neither have about 15 other contractors and operators we asked. its not c900, its pretty thin wall looks simmilar to db120 wall thickness. its about this color . it looked like it has had some water flow through it at one point in time but it could just be ground water, its bone dry now. anyone else seen/used this stuff before, whats it usualy used for?

Replies21
  1. #1digger242j2006-10-01 14:06

    It's internet pipe. Microsoft uses it to supply color to all the internet pages. You cut the blue one. The supply is going to dry up now and the internet isn't going to have blue any more. Look at the quote above--it's already starting to fade!

  2. #2tylermckee2006-10-01 15:45

    Weird, we thought it might have been something like an old pump line from the fish plant that used to be below the area i was working, or maybe some conduit for furure use, or who knows. The fish plant was so old i know that they werent pumping up into the sewer, it was most likely dumping in the bay. Although i suppose they could have installed it later on.

  3. #3rino14942006-10-01 18:20

    The only blue pipe I know of is sch 80.

  4. #4Jeff D.2006-10-01 18:23

    What's worse is that Green is out now too!! It's common knowledge you need Yellow and Blue too make Green. Thanks Tyler! It's so typical of you to do something like this.:ban

  5. #5Squizzy246B2006-10-01 20:24

    The blue pipe is for the blue wiggle (Anthony). Now there will only be three wiggles and all the kids in the world will be upset. Course if all the green goes as well we could lose Dorothy the Dinosaur too...nice one Tyler http://www.thewiggles.com.au/about/friends/dorothy.html

  6. #6Jeff D.2006-10-01 21:13

    Maybe for once you could be serious Squizzy, huh...................do ya think?! It's alittle bigger than just losing a cartoon character on a kid's TV show! FYI, Purple............it's gone too! I don't think I want to live in a world where the "Purple Nurple" doesn't exsist. Sure, we do still have the "atomic wedgie", and maybe the "wet willy", but the Purple Nurple was always a step above the others. But Tyler fix all that for us, didn't ya Tyler?! "Yellow Nurple".....no, "Orange Nurple":spaz ...........it's just not the same.:crying

  7. #7Squizzy246B2006-10-01 21:40

    Nope:bouncegri :bouncegri :bouncegri

  8. #8Squizzy246B2006-10-01 22:10

    http://www.odps.org/glossword/index.php?a=term&d=4&t=9231

  9. #9tylermckee2006-10-01 22:21

    I tore through 2 concrete drain pipes that same day, a 10" and a 16" :thumbsup What will that ruin?

  10. #10Jeff D.2006-10-01 23:06

    Uff-da!! You were having quite a day, weren't you?

  11. #11Dwan Hall2006-10-02 00:40

    If you need I have some of that blue pipe in my storage yard I could sent it to you. That way you could repair it properly. I would hate to live in a world with no blye. especialy sence I have not seen blue sky for the last 14 months.

  12. #12tylermckee2006-10-02 01:10

    I actually knew about the concrete pipe, they were both old and retired.

  13. #13Squizzy246B2006-10-02 03:13

    Just like Jeff Huh?:yup

  14. #14tylermckee2006-10-02 03:51

    I would say more like digger :yup

  15. #15CascadeScaper2006-10-02 04:05

    Maybe that blue pipe is the rain supply pipe. Maybe now it won't rain anymore here in the PNW. That would be excellent. Weather has been good the last week, eh? I know it won't last, though.

  16. #16tylermckee2006-10-02 04:07

    A little too good, i was getting a little sweaty installing 24" storm main by myself last week:thumbsup I'm looking forward to a cool down, been cutting and splitting my firewood the past few weeks.

  17. #17RonG2006-10-02 06:31

    They carry data to and from your HARD drive!!:yup Ron G

  18. #18Squizzy246B2006-10-02 06:43

    You mean defunct then:wink2

  19. #19digger242j2006-10-02 18:01

    Ya know, I can get that kind of abuse right here at home--I don't have to go online for it! :nono

  20. #20Dirty Water2006-10-28 19:14

    If its not c900 or c905, and it is definitely a water line it could just be blue class 250 (sdr 17) PVC. National pipe makes it in a blue color like your saying from 2" to 12". It its thinner than that, maybe class 200? It seems everyone has switched to c900 these days though.

  21. #21tylermckee2006-10-28 20:44

    Seems the city and everyone else involved decided it was the old pump line from the fish plant that used to be down below, so we left it busted.