Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

who’s making out better on this deal

drystack ยท 2006-10-03 19:34

Hypothetically speaking, who would you say is getting the better end of the stick; the buyer or seller? 1999 Cat 302.5 open canopy, orig. tracks, 24" bucket 2000hrs. 2003 Cat 277 orig. tracks, 2 sets of front idlers replaced, 1100hrs. Both have never had any major mechanicals, just service. Asking price $50000 for the set.

Replies4
  1. #1dayexco2006-10-03 20:07

    go to www.machinerytrader.com click on auction results. find comparables to what you're wanting to buy. this will give you a great guidline as to the value of the equipment.

  2. #2Electra_Glide2006-10-04 08:20

    Using this technique, I came up with the following: 302.5 ~ $18000 - $20000 277 ~ $35000 - $40000 That would put the package price somewhere between $52000 - $60000. Seems like a decent deal to me. Also have to assume that you could work them down a little from their asking price. Joe

  3. #3drystack2006-10-04 10:29

    Hmmm, I'm the seller 50 may be too good. Thanks

  4. #4Electra_Glide2006-10-04 13:25

    Well, like I said, it seems like a good deal to me ..since I'd be the buyer...:wink2