I currently am on a job with a brand new CAT 315 Hoe and it shut down in the middle of the street... I'm not getting any codes on my screen just shut down. I got it started for a few seconds as soon as I touched my controls it died and won't fire... We will our equipment from the same fuel tank at the end of every day my excavator is the only one currently acting up. Our mechanic is 3 hrs away and I'm blocking traffic and have nothing big enough to move it...... HELP!!! LOL
It's getting fuel... We emptied the bowl/site glass and it's filling back up
Machine serial number is required. Please post number
*CAT00315CWKX11797*
Will that help figure out how to start this thing.... It only has 24 hrs of run time on it
Well, without a serial number, I (we) have ZERO clue as to what's under the hood. Electric lift pump, mechanical, common rail, heui, pencil injectors, etc... Nor can we instruct on how to see if any events or codes are in the system A serial number is the only way to surf Caterpillar information. Don't wanna give a full serial number? Then at least provide the prefix.
Well, it's a "Next Gen" excavator with which I have no experience. Did the Cat guy get you going?
Hopefully he tells us the problem............
X 2 With only 24 hours on it, surely has to be a loose plug or loose earth strap or something simple. Very strange he's getting no codes/events on the screen.