So I greased the swing bearing on my IHI 35N a little too much and broke the seal. I'm now a little concerned about dirt getting into the bearing but I'm thinking I should be ok as long as I keep it greased really well now. Has anyone else done this and if so did you have problems with the bearing wearing prematurely? I'm not really looking forward to having to split the machine any time soon.
Generally the seal is just a flat rubber ring that can be pushed back into the groove with some work. The circle only needs to be greased maybe once a week and then only a couple of pumps and then spin the house two or three times each way. Unless you are working in a river or deep mud you don't have much to worry about. Good Luck!
Thanks for the reply. I'll take a closer look at it and see if I can work the seal back into place.