Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Correct track size for Yanmar B22 digger?

Rockyroad ยท 2011-12-08 13:26

Hi, I need to buy new rubber tracks for my Yanmar B22 excavator, but I am getting conflicting information about the correct size. Can anyone tell me what size tracks are on their B22? My old tracks are not Yanmar original equipment. They are Avon brand and they do not have a size marked on them that I can find. I measured them at about 305mm wide x 109mm pitch x 35 links. I measured the pitch by taking the average over 10 links. The New Zealand aftermarket importer says they should be 280x106x35 One Chinese aftermarket supplier website says they should be 280x106Yx35. (not sure what the 'Y' indicates) One US aftermarket supplier website says they should be 300X52.5NX70. I note that this is twice the number of links, and a wee bit under half the pitch. I understand they call these 'short pitch' tracks. Several years ago I saw a B22 with short pitch tracks fitted - unfortunately I didn't bother to note the exact size, and of course I cannot find the machine to check. What is concerning me is the difference between the pitch I have measured on my old tracks and what the suppliers are saying. I also need to specify the track roller/guide type. Can anyone tell me which of the two types shown in the picture attached is correct. (E or K) My tracks are so worn it is difficult to tell which one it is. Thanks.

Replies1
  1. #1emiller2012-06-27 21:49

    It will be the 300x52.5x70 as we sell many of the tracks here in the US and that is the size we supply. The 280x106x35 is teh OEM size but not many people carry that.