Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Broken glass on Kubota SVL 90

RandyAB ยท 2013-08-05 22:13

I was doing some brush work on my acreage today and EXPLODED the front glass into the cab. (FYI: If this ever happens to you, I wouldn't suggest raising the door as I did as it makes clean up about 10 times worse as glass rains into the cab). The rest of the door is fine. Should I get the dealer to replace the glass or are there alternatives that I should be considering?? The glass looks to be about 1/4" thick which seems a bit light for the brushwork that I am predominantly using the CTL for. What about Lexan?? I would appreciate any input and perhaps places on Van Isle to take it for repair. Regards Randy

Replies1
  1. #1stumpjumper832013-08-05 22:17

    lexan is what you should be using for work with mowers, mulchers, breakers and the like. It will help with gen. forestry work too. Its expensive, and like plexiglass yellows and scratches over time, but it shouldn't explode.