Hello I have a CAT 259b3 and the tracks I have are getting to point of replacing but wanted to wait till the off season in November. The other day the one side track started making a noise so I hoped out and one of the inner middle links pulled backwards and isn’t sitting straight up and down like it should. Can I limp it through and is there anything you would recommend we do? Can that steel link be ground out so it’s not catching sprocket? Or will that be asking for track to pull off? Let me know your thoughts.
Hi and welcome to HEF. Maybe post a picture to explain what’s happened. But im guessing the link has come away from the cord. its your machine. Just be prepared for the track breaking or coming off at the worst possible time.
You have the opportunity now to change it at your shop with tools and options. If you wait until the track god decides, you will change it where you have to. Having done both, I would take the former every time. If you pulled a link out, you are very close to losing the entire track. I would order the tracks and get a couple friends you don't like much and get it done.
Welcome to the Forums Ryan! Glad to have you. Without pictures it sounds like your track broke a cord or 2 and the T bone is dislodged. All that being said the track is toast like KSSS said and it's just a matter of time before it breaks in the worst situation possible. FWIW my local Cat dealer has OEM tracks 50% off with $300 flat rate installation. Probably going to take advantage of that deal. YMMV.