Hi All, Working on a 2019 299d2 that is relatively new to me. Had the cab up and down a few times over the last few days cleaning out the belly of the machine (looked like previous owner had never done). Anyways, got everything cleaned up nice and after putting the cab back down the front bolts are about 3/8 off and I can’t even get the bolts through the hole in the frame mount, let alone get the bushing to sit nice. Anyone run into this before? There’s got to be some kind of adjustment in the hinges or something that settled out while the cab was up overnight. Any help much appreciated, thanks!
I see this quite a bit. I have around 6 different line up bars for such occasions.
Thanks for the response, what do you mean by a line up bar and how do you use them?
Insert in the hole and pull it in place while installing the opposite side bolt. Easy preasy
Ok, so, a little embarrassed. But mostly I’m a dumbass and this helped me figure things out. So a big thanks. I was fighting with it trying to figure out how to get the cab forward enough to get the bolt through. The bar trick helped me align the cab left/right, but there was no way it was going to move forward enough to get be bolt in. Then I took another look at things and realized that I had the order of the rubber bushings wrong, and the last bushing (not shown above) goes on top of that steel landing pad (logically of course that makes sense, you don’t want steel on steel). I had been (wrongly) assuming it goes on the bottom as it had been a few days since taking it apart. After putting that in the right spot, the cab was lifted enough that the holes lined up. I’m admitting to my stupidity to help anyone else out there who happens to make this error and happens to search the interwebs for help. Again, many thanks.
I found this, which was mucho better than the parts manual.