Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Brought my someday project home

roadrunner81 ยท 2011-02-04 00:54

Finally got around to loading up the CAT10 to take home. Its been sitting for at least 17yrs. Its a neat little piece and will be fun to play on. I took some pics of the loading process. Some of you may notice its lettered allicat10, its got an Allis Chalmers 4 cyl. I have to be honest the residential water pipe kinda scares me a bit.

Replies7
  1. #1roadrunner812011-02-04 00:56

    A few more

  2. #2hthunder2011-02-04 06:30

    If it had been sitting that long in Tennessee it would not look that good. Was it in the shed or outside?

  3. #3JTL2011-02-04 09:55

    Im surprized it isn't coverd in old growth moss after 17 years of sitting! Look like a fun little project.

  4. #4roadrunner812011-02-04 22:16

    It was sitting under a tarp, several over the years I'm sure. I went through carb today and will pull tank tomorrow to gain access to all the wiring. Darn 6v systems!

  5. #5580bruce2011-02-05 01:18

    Very cool project.Please keep us up to date.I have always wanted a two ton.I remember there was two of them in Ravensdale some time back,maybe I should go look?

  6. #6roadrunner812011-02-05 20:56

    Got it running today. Magneto problems, will need to order points and condenser.

  7. #7HSV1272011-02-06 04:29

    What a beast! gotta love getting a new toy haha.