Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

brush cutter

wesmanh ยท 2015-07-27 11:49

Who makes the best brush cutter for the money? I have a CT332 with standard 24gpm pump. Mainly ill be mowing tall grass and saplings nothing over 3'' There are a ton of manufactures out there!!!

Replies5
  1. #1JS3002015-07-27 12:01

    I have a 72" CID that works great. It's the 3 blade model and is heavy built. After using this one I would shy away from the 2 blade models with the BushHog style stump jumpers. I ordered mine from Marks Supply 88 they have several youtube videos and are good to deal with. Mine also has the open front. It's surprising what it will do.

  2. #2dixon7002015-07-27 12:21

    I'd also like input on this. In the future I'd like to switch the loader over on my 580 to a universal quick attach and a brush hog is something I'll be interested in. Anyone look at quickattach brand? The mega mower looks like a monster but it's a lot of $$.

  3. #3DoyleX2015-07-28 13:36

    I rent a skid steer std flow diamond mower occasionally. 10k new. It'll mow t posts, rocks, stumps, 6' tall grass ok, 4-6" trees ok 4" and under trees are toothpicks. Basically it will mow about anything you put through it. I was very impressed for a std flow.

  4. #4durallymax2015-07-28 16:20

    We have a brush wolf 78" standard flow. Works great for most stuff, really slow in heavy grass though like any of them. Takes a lot of abuse and it doesn't have any of the safety stuff, just a chain you are supposed to attach that will limit the travel. If you have a glass door or no door then that is important, if you have a heavy lexan demo door then its nice to have the freedom to lift it up and chew stuff down or reach up and over things if needed.

  5. #5DDoug2015-07-28 16:31

    I switched mine from lift blades to no lift (actually they are bi-directional) and the performance in grass was much better. I figured I was wasting precious power lifting grass, I just want to cut it.