Hello all. I'm trying to figure out which bucket tilt cylinder "gasket kit" I need. It looks like there are two different kits available. My skid is an earlier unit (serial number JAF0041049), which I believe is a 1988-1989. The bucket cylinder rod is 1.25 diam. That's all I know. Anybody have any idea which of these two kits it would be: 128725A1 or 128728A1 or if it would be a different kit? Thanks,
I believe 128725A1 is the lift cylinder kit and 128728A1 is the tilt cylinder kit. I used the 128725A1 to re-seal my lift cylinder and I also have an early 1845C - JAF004XXXX SimS
Thanks Sims. From what I can tell, that looks right. Curious if anyone knows if earlier model years cylinders had any differences than later cylinders? Also, does anyone know how aftermarket seal kits compare vs Case seals? Thanks
JW, I bought a 128725A1 kit from ebay and it worked great. Seal technology isn't very complicated. The gland nut seals are the most likely to be leaking and mine is now dry as a bone. I just changed all the seals in the gland nut and the rings on the piston. I didn't have to change the piston bearing/packing as it was in perfect shape. The I would bet that there is not enough difference in seal quality to justify Case's prices vs aftermarket. Good luck. SimS
Sims, thanks for the feedback, that's exactly what I was planning to do. Thanks again.