Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Brush cutter on loader

Bigfooteq · 2022-09-13 13:38

I just purchased a little 60'' brush cutter to use on the loader of my Zetor 4320. Don't have a manual yet. I ordered it with an 80cc gear driven hydraulic motor to replace the standard 100cc so that it would work with the lower GPM of my tractor's pump. I have been running accessories like grapples from the hydraulic remote stick which is connected to two of the ports at the rear of the tractor. How is this going to work? Will I have to hold the hydraulic remote stick backwards (or forwards) while cutting? Disconnect one of the lines? Thanks Here's the cutter https://expresssteelinc.com/product/60-standard-brush-cutter/

Replies3
  1. #1Labparamour2022-09-13 14:29

    My .02 as I’ve thought of something similar: If you will be using your grapple control and it is self-centering, the control would have to be held in the “run” position. I’d be worried about damage to the motor from sudden flow stop if handle slipped or returned to center. I’ve thought of a check valve between the two sides of the motor so motor (turned pump) could recirculate fluid while spinning down. Lastly, running the hydraulic motor will probably generate more heat than just bucket/grapple work. Might need more fluid for cooling... I’ll be following to see what others say. Darryl

  2. #2Bigfooteq2022-09-13 14:34

    Thanks Darryl!

  3. #3Bigfooteq2022-09-13 15:12

    I suppose I could make a bracket to lock the stick in position while in use. But the stick does have an adjustable stop in front of it. I could engage that stop at the neutral position and actuate the cutter by pulling the stick back. That way it should eliminate the danger of accidentally reversing the cutter while it's spinning. When I get it all figured out, I'll post a video.