Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Brush Mower Attachments…

SeaMac ยท 2012-06-18 12:04

I'm looking for information regarding brush mower attachments - weight, gpm flow rate that kind of stuff - for 18t to 22t hydraulic excavators. I have seen 'em at work but can't find much info about them. It would be used primarily for maintenance mowing of ditches. Any info is appreciated. Thanks...

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies7
  1. #1SeaMac2012-06-18 12:22

    I am looking to fit this attachment to either a Liebherr A 914 Compact Litronic or A 918 Compact Litronic, if this information is helpful.

  2. #2SeaMac2012-06-18 21:13

    My research indicates that for the work I would be doing either a flail or rotary head would be the most effective. Any opinions or comments on either arrangement? I still have only found a few manufacturers and could use some assistance.

  3. #3ddigger2012-06-19 00:09

    SeaMac, topics like this are often covered here, with some dealers and owner operators chiming in. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/land-clearing/

  4. #4SeaMac2012-06-19 00:17

    Aha, well okay then. Thank you very much for the lead. I will look into it further tomorrow, thanks again...

  5. #5BSAA65LB2012-06-19 07:36

    Here's a few http://www.promac.bc.ca/ http://www.rockhound.com/Products http://www.usmower.com/ http://www.littleandco.com/ProductBrushcutters.htm http://www.tiger-mowers.com/

  6. #6joispoi2012-06-19 08:05

    I would look very closely at the ROI for this. For ditch maintenance, ag. tractors with the hydro drive flail mowers have a lower operating cost without the tail swing hazard when working next to traffic. I'm not saying it's not worth it, but I would study your market to see if it will support the costs involved. Here's one outfit that you don't want to find yourself competing with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxv5y6nkLZU If you're considering this for roadside work, the flail mower is a safer choice. A rotary brush hog type mower can send chunks flying in all directions.

  7. #7SeaMac2012-06-19 16:56

    The reason I want this attachment for an excavator is simple, if I am already on-site with one machine maintaining ditches and could them mow them as well with that same machine and a different attachment how would it make sense to purchase another machine that can only do one thing well? As for flail versus rotary, what I am learning is exactly what you are saying, a flail discharges down not out and around like a rotary.