Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Brush Shark

DIYDAVE ยท 2017-12-26 20:44

Anybody ever seen one in use, or have any experience with them? http://brushshark.com/

Replies7
  1. #1thepumpguysc2017-12-27 03:01

    That's a pretty kool little "toy".. I can see where it has a use.. but it seems awful limited to the size of brush it cuts..?? I would have to compare the rental cost for that vs a couple of our Spanish speaking friends w/ a chain saw before I committed to it tho.. Lol

  2. #2DIYDAVE2017-12-27 20:32

    Yeah, TPG, I'm kinda puttin this one on hold, already have a bush hog and a stump grinder, fer the ASV. Was just lookin around and it popped up on youtube, again. Last night, I did pull the trigger on a new small flail mower, though: http://www.woodmaxx.com/ProductDeta...-HERwrVTsfuwvAYk_axbgOTkyC9rYZUhoCsxUQAvD_BwE I like the woodmaxx, cause it has 3 B vbelts driving it, and my newest (18 yr old) Kubota B-2100 can pull it. And while made in China, its engineered in NY, and has a 2 yr warrantee on it, too. also free shipping, and free upgrade to duckfoot hammers, too...

  3. #3Welder Dave2017-12-27 22:24

    It's like an oversize sickle bar mower. Why not just have it continuously running back and forth? Somebody wasn't thinking at all about hose routing either. The hoses hanging right in front are just waiting to get mangled.

  4. #4DIYDAVE2017-12-28 06:36

    If you go to the website, it says the auto=cyvling valve is an extra...

  5. #5mx7272018-01-21 10:23

    The stuff they show the BrushShark cutting are easily cut with a regular brush mower. I don't really see any benefit unless you want to take three times longer to get a job done. For a little bit more, I got this: http://www.prowlertracks.com/attachment-swing-mower/ It's a bit more versatile, allowing you to reach over to ditch banks and cut overhanging limbs along roads and trails.

  6. #6DIYDAVE2018-01-21 19:56

    I was asking if anyone had experience, with that particular attachment. I already have a 4' bush hog type mower, for my asv rc30. Thanks for the suggestion, but that thing looks way too heavy, for my machine...

  7. #7hosspuller2018-01-22 00:50

    Looks like it cuts brush well. But it leaves a mess of debris to clean up. A mulcher may be more expensive, but cleans up the debris on site. I've cleared similar land with a chainsaw. Collecting and Getting rid of the debris was the hardest part of the job.