Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

BS3F Mitsubishi track loader starter part number

Chris crouch · 2021-03-15 16:56

I am looking for a starter for a BS3F Mitsubishi track loader. I purchased this from an older gentleman about two months ago out of South East Texas. The starter was not with the machine. No problem I thought... I’m on my 4th starter and no luck. If someone has a pn or can help I’d appreciate it

Replies13
  1. #1lantraxco2021-03-15 23:21

    I doubt you'll find any information on that this side of Japan, but I may have a friend... got a serial number? And/or engine model and serial number? and is it 12 volt?

  2. #2Chris crouch2021-03-16 04:10

    Ill get you one today. i thought it was 24 based on what ive been able to research but i could be wrong

  3. #3Chris crouch2021-03-16 04:48

    I found the data plate and discovered a number BS3D. I assumed it was a bs3f because of the decals. the other numbers on the plate are 14593 100192 they both are in japanese so i do not know whuch is the SN

  4. #4JimInOz2021-03-16 06:37

    BS3D might have a 4DQ-50 engine. 4DQ starters : 12 Volt starters...30666-23108 or 30666-25100 : 24 V starter... 30666-23301.

  5. #5Chris crouch2021-03-16 10:36

    Thanks! I did some research and found what looks to be the right one. I appreciate it!

  6. #6Chris crouch2021-03-22 05:16

    I was wrong once again. the starter seemed to be right but was clocked wrong. I tried to look those pn up and their seem to be alot of variations also. is there a specific place you would order from?

  7. #7JimInOz2021-03-22 19:54

    There seems to be a lot of Mitsubishi starters & numbers,just to make life confusing.There were also many 4 cylinder engines made. You need to identify the engine model.Should be a plate on the engine,or embossed numbers & letters. Usually,the BD2/BS3 crawlers are 24Volt. Excavators too.The Forklifts were probably 12Volt. There might have been Marine versions of the Mitsubishi engines also. Maybe try and find another D model owner & see if they can quote starter details. Mitsubishi forklift agents might be of help too,as can diesel engine parts suppliers.

  8. #8lantraxco2021-03-23 13:26

    Maybe? https://store.alternatorparts.com/p...s34466-0310134466-1010334466-1510234466-.aspx

  9. #9Chris crouch2021-03-30 15:03

    So I managed to find a number in the engine. It’s a 4dq50 I then found a parts book for that engine and it looks like I’m needing a M002T54172. I have a guy here locally that thinks he has got before I order from overseas and pay an arm and a leg. Crossing my fingers and saying my prayers! I’ve only got the wrong starter 7 times

  10. #10Chris crouch2021-03-30 15:06

    Here is the parts manual if anyone is interested. http://www.samofa.nl/Samofa/Product...es/99609-10101_Service Manual 4DQ5_Dec.85.pdf

  11. #11lantraxco2021-03-30 17:13

    The listing I sent the link to is for a 24 volt starter, your number is 12 volt, so I guess you need to verify your machine? https://tractorzone.com/m2t54172-tz9-starter-mitsubishi-sales-m2t54172/

  12. #12lantraxco2021-03-30 17:18

    Or: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-STARTE...55-0&campid=5336728181&customid=&toolid=10001

  13. #13Chris crouch2021-04-13 06:03

    the problem is finding the correct starter. There are a bunch of different starters to fit this engine. https://webshop.det-mitsubishi.com/SearchFilter.aspx?product=4dq50&Group=35