2003 Bobcat S250 constantly fall when trying to operate loader. Neither will stay in place
Let’s get some basic info first… Hours on machine? Machines overall condition? Visible hydraulic leaks? What control system does your Bobcat use? Joystick only, lever steer and foot pedals. Will the lift arms also fall with the machine off? How fast do they fall? How quickly did this problem develop?
Just saw your reply, thank you very much! Has been a very good machine. No obvious bad leaks. Seams to be getting worse about holding position. Has joystick and foot controls,I always use joystick. From 3 feet off ground it would probably take 60 seconds to ground. the tilt is pretty Quick also. Need to fix before it gets much worse. I will check the fall with machine off. I really appreciate your replies! Scott
Update the Machine will not hold tilt or Lift with machine off. Somewhat slower movement
3 possible reasons: 1. The piston seals for the cylinders are worn or damaged. 2. The loader valve assembly has worn seals. 3. The pilot pressure to the loader valve is allowing the loader valve to stay partially open OR the linkage to the loader valve is out of adjustment OR the electrical signal/solenoid to the loader valve needs repair. (I haven’t worked on that series bobcat in many years, so I don’t know which style control it uses). 1. Piston seals are usually worse when hydraulic fluid temps increase. So the arms will settle down faster once the machine is at operating temp. 2. Same for loader valve seals. They will change with hydraulic fluid temp. 3. the controls for the loader valve are more tricky to diagnosis and repair. Pilot pressure will require gauges and inline tee fittings for readings. Mechanics linkages are fairly easy. The electrical style is also challenging. many years ago I fixed at Case 1845c loader valve with a Briggs and Stratton valve spring. If I remember correctly it wouldn’t return the spool to the neutral position and the arms would continue to lift until you gave a little input to the controls to single the arms down. Hope this helps. machine hours?
Possibly seals inside cylinder worn leaking I think there was a trick un pin one at time the one leaking fully extends if the other one holds positions you know it’s opposite I know tilt they would do that but they are tied together