Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bucket brands?

emmett518 · 2021-06-25 09:20

Need to get a 12 inch stumping bucket. What brands are heavy duty and rugged? AIM is on EBay. Or do I go through the Deere dealer?

Replies10
  1. #1Tags2021-06-25 09:55

    I would look at USA attachments, anyone that sells Tag, or Werk Brau buckets. You can spec high capacity, tooth style, severe duty etc…..for just stumping I would personally buy a ripper tooth, if you’re going to do trenching as well a 16 or 18” may be better depending on your soils, a 12” will constantly pack full of dirt and will be hard to empty without slamming it against the stops repeatedly. I have used this guy for lots of buckets and attachments over the years. http://www.phoenixequipmentsales.com/

  2. #2Welder Dave2021-06-25 13:58

    Hensley, WBM and a few others also make HD buckets. A ripper may be a better choice as stated above.

  3. #3csthompson122021-06-25 15:36

    I take out stumps on a regular basis with a standard 24” bucket on a regular basis.

  4. #4csthompson122021-06-25 15:37

    I saw a extremely well built bucket on a 410k… I forget the brand, esco? Maybe

  5. #5Welder Dave2021-06-25 16:19

    Probably depends on the size and type of stumps. No sense taxing a standard bucket if you have lots of big stumps to remove.

  6. #6Tinkerer2021-06-25 16:46

    So do I. If anyone can't take out stump with a 18 or 24 inch bucket it is because they didn't dig enough material out deep enough or from under the stump. I reposition the machine (TLB) at least twice to get a big (48") stump loose enough to break loose.

  7. #7Welder Dave2021-06-25 19:00

    It's nice when the tree or stump is tall enough you can push it over and the stump pops out of the ground. I've clamped on a few smaller stumps with the 4 in 1 bucket and pulled them out. Sometimes you want the hole as small as possible, that's where a ripper might be a better option to cut through the roots.

  8. #8emmett5182021-06-25 19:11

    The Three Stooges suggest dynamite! If I kept hitting roots that wouldn’t budge, should I have dug further out from the stump? The roots were like granite.

  9. #9KSSS2021-06-25 19:29

    I get the best results with a 12" bucket, move less dirt, more psi per bucket width from snapping roots. I really like Werk Brau buckets.

  10. #10Tinkerer2021-06-25 22:30

    Yes, go out until you can break them. Sometimes big ones need to be split multiple times with a tooth .