Pulled the bu ket off my Hyundai R130 to do some welding work. I figured I'd evaluate the bushings while it was off. The stick bushings slide right out. I imagine that's not supposed to happen!
If there's no slop were it goes into the dipper arm then welding it can be a good fix. Otherwise it's a line boring job along with making an oversize bush.
You can see the wear, from where it was rotating with the pin. You could try and stiple it and put in some green Locktite or you could just weld it in. I have had issues welding those hard bushings, so I use the Locktite.
Bushing to Pin bore clearance is about 0.75mm. So there is wear on both the pin and bushing ID. I did not verify the dipper ID vs bushing OD, ill check that tonight. Farm machine so line boring is not gonna happen. Maybe new bushings and a new pin. Any more info on the green Locktite?
https://www.amazon.com/LOCTITE-680/dp/B09QM54SWX Last time I got the cheap copy stuff of of Amazon and it seems to work just as well. https://www.amazon.com/sspa/click?ie=UTF8&spc=MTo2NzI4NjMyMjY4OTkyOTMxOjE3NDk3MzQxMzM6c3BfYXRmOjMwMDEwNjQyNzE3NzIwMjo6MDo6&url=%2FRetaining-Compound-Cylindrical-Components-Assemblies%2Fdp%2FB09VHBLWKY%2Fref%3Dsr_1_1_sspa%3Fadgrpid%3D1342506107812331%26dib%3DeyJ2IjoiMSJ9.o2tbPqW4oWDgcP18h-KXJLCVJzHTo3JOpd2l21wTYtSDi8q95sONxQ3p5lLBYLLjOz_sYktx1Agj-tXUe59KVxT7vpzt_KvSgLs8mLXLkG5NjjFvwT5CfJ3opK5fwRT6toe5_h2BTjpF1jcAYJgnM6IXkGNuxypGSKNlPFA1Fg0l-ml_x2y7-J7eM_0oZFexR63TyFwMFLjH2UfSavLAIFNZyQDwvcoZTVL_nSe86Dg.uMYurjTN2aItrts-S7-IsC_7K48qPogsikxA5jOthWE%26dib_tag%3Dse%26hvadid%3D83906896450287%26hvbmt%3Dbb%26hvdev%3Dc%26hvlocphy%3D58143%26hvnetw%3Do%26hvqmt%3Db%26hvtargid%3Dkwd-83907688262268%253Aloc-190%26hydadcr%3D5893_13194372%26keywords%3D603%2Bretaining%2Bcompound%26mcid%3D748b172102ce32cb9189d9e6698387e7%26qid%3D1749734133%26sr%3D8-1-spons%26sp_csd%3Dd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY%26psc%3D1
Have Used Loctite 601 which actually helps to put in, it is slippery. Could take a center punch and dimple the entire mating surface with little indentations to help keep tight with the loctite. Worth a try if not too loose, welding can crack the bushing sometimes, depends on the composition of the material. Simon C
Of course my calipers are big enough to reach into the bore on the stick...so i have to borrow something from work, if they have anything. Looking at parts, I can get a new pin with my part number for $260, or I can get a new pin with a Cat 311 part number, same diameter same length for 85 bucks. I dont see any grease holes in the Cat description which seems weird.
Sometimes they grease through the bushing, sometimes through the pin. Simon C