Hello, I am interested in finding out the pin size, buck ear to ear dimension, and center to center for the two pins for a 2003 Deere 120C. These dimensions do not appear to be easy to find. From what I have gathered through a few hours of internet searches is that the Deere 490 buckets seem to be compatible with the 120C. Additionally, the pin diameter is 65mm and the ear to ear dimension is 255mm. However, I haven't been able to figure out the exact pin center to center dimension. Is there a reference online anywhere, where this information can be found? Is this information in the operator and/or repair manuals? Does anyone know what other models are compatible with the buckets used on the 120C? Finally, do different model years of the 120C have different bucket attachment specifications? In other words, does a 2003 120C bucket work with a 2013 120C bucket? Thanks! Chris
I don't think the year matters. I have a Esco bucket on my 135c and on the I.d. Plate it says 120,490,135. If you need measurements I can get them tomorrow.
Yes, please that would be excellent!! Thank you!
Welcome to HEF cjb80. :drinkup Deere 120C: pins: 65mm stick and H link width: 10 inches stick and H link pins center to center: 14 1/4 inches Other possibilities: Hitachi EX100/120 Hitachi Zaxis 120/135US Case CX130/135SR Link Belt 130LZ/135SA/Quantam 2650
Center to center really is only going to matter if you have a pin grabber. And even with a quick coupler, you can cheat a little, but to be safe, no more than a ½" or so. Example: if your coupler is for a bucket that has a 14¼" distance, you could use a bucket with a 14¾" distance. No coupler? You're on easy street.
Willie, I have a question for you since we're talking about pin centers. What are your thoughts on the different measurements? Did the brands do it to make their buckets model-specific? Does the extra ¾" that a Deere 690 has on a Case 9030/210 give the Deere an edge in breakout force? Or did Case/Link Belt (Sumitomo) think that the ¾" less gave them an edge in the bucket rotation spec? Just wondering how you interpret it.
The engineers had a list of specs to work off of. Loading height, articulation, piston travel, cycle time and breakout force would be part of that. I suppose that they solved the articulation first, and then designed the bucket cylinder and linkage points to meet their breakout force and cycle time objectives. It's simpler than reverse engineering the linkage to work with a predetermined cylinder configuration.
Thanks for the help! I was curious why no one had come up with standards for bucket attachment points. It still seems like a good idea but I suppose I understand more now. Currently it would seem that the engineers are pushing the problem of achieving the desired forces to the bucket, which does not seem to be an appropriate design. Anyways, I am in the process of buying the JD 120C and it has a quick coupler on it, so the pin to pin dimension is important for me. Thanks again, Chris
View attachment EXCAVATOR PinCarrierDimensions.pdf I forget who it was, but someone posted this on here a while ago, I have found it handy quite a few times.
I think joispoi has a good speculation as to why it's done this way. But there are buckets that are pretty much interchangeable, like many Cat, Deere, and Case 200 size machines, but they won't work on a 210 Kobelco or 200 size Komatsu. I don't know the logic in this, but most likely to make buckets specific to their machine.
movidirt. Could you post the measurements for my Kubota KH151 please,i cant sort out this pdf stuff,really appreciate it.
Here's a link to my thread on pin-on bucket mounting dimensions, where you can download the latest list: For a Deere 120C, the list agrees with the numbers posted above by Willie59. Garrie Denny - I don't have the numbers for a Kubota KH151. Wish I did...if you find them please share.
I have all three operating,service & parts manuals for my kh151,but nowhere the actual dimensions shown. im changing steel tracks and bottom rollers over next couple of weeks and will measure the jaws bucket dimensions when im home next.I know the bucket pins are 40mm,just have to measure between the eaes and pinn centre measurements,will post when I have them.
LOOKING FOR PIN AND LINK MEASUREMENTS FOR JOHN DEERE 670GLC
Going to throw out a WAG here, 120 mm pins, probably 20" between the ears, 24" center to center.
Here is why HEF is great. Lots of info and helpful people.