Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bucket Dipper Bushings

NH575E ยท 2022-02-13 16:26

My bucket pivot has developed a lot of slop in the dipper bushings all of a sudden. Any tips on replacing these would be welcome. Not sure when or if I will tackle it but it is causing my thumb not to engage the teeth squarely and I'm afraid it's going to make something unhappy. Makes a terrible POP sound if I mess up and clamp the bucket tight on the thumb. I am thinking I can just pull the bucket and drive them out with a air chisel.

Replies2
  1. #1AzIron2022-02-13 18:42

    Freeze the new bushing in the freezer over night will drive in easier as for getting the old out I usually weld a bead around the inside they cool off and shrink and drive right out

  2. #2cuttin edge2022-02-13 21:04

    I watched a guy with a B95 run a bead of weld around the inside of the bushing, and it popped out easily with a hammer. He said it always worked better for him than using a torch for heat. Never mind, I see the last comment mentioned that as well