Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bucket Pin

Rhinoc69 ยท 2024-12-31 16:31

I have an older model Takeuchi TB 016 and would like to be able to install a quick release to the dipper. However, no matter what I do, (tapping, hitting, beating, heating, greasing, demeaning and disrespectful language, talking about its mother in a bad way - I have done everything I know to get one of the pins out of its housing (it's one of two that have the zerk fitting in the end). I would also like to shim the bucket as well. I just cannot get the damn pin out. I know there must be other threads on here on the same subject but I couldn't locate any. If you can direct me that would be great or instruct me on how to get the pin out. Thank you in advance. Mark

Replies4
  1. #1Shimmy12025-01-01 00:47

    Heat.

  2. #2Rhinoc692025-01-01 05:15

    I've got it so hot I thought it would melt! No accetyline yet but that's next I guess.

  3. #3DDoug2025-01-01 07:08

    How did you do this ?

  4. #4Vetech632025-01-01 08:21

    A pic would help. I'd like to make sure you aren't missing a lock or retainer for the pin itself.