Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

95 Cat 307 won’t shut off

Newguy 747 · 2025-01-01 02:16

Hi everyone. I have gotten so much help here I thought I'd try again. My '95 307 grey market excavator was operating great till I went to idle down and shut it down. I turned the idle knob down but it didn't idle down. I then tried to shut it down with the black button, but the engine stayed running. I was able to turn it off by blocking off the air intake with my hand but now it won't turnover. I got power but the starter will not engage. All fuses look good and the safety handle is locked. Thinking fuel solenoid but a little confused why the starter won't engaged now. Maybe a wire broke somewhere. Before I take a novice approach, I figure better check with the forum. Thanks for reading!

Replies7
  1. #1Vetech632025-01-01 08:26

    It would be nice to know what engine you have in this thing. Some pics of it may help.

  2. #2Nige2025-01-01 09:29

    A Serial Number would also help in locating information regarding the electrical system.

  3. #3Newguy 7472025-01-01 10:28

    Hi everyone It’s a Mitsubishi 4D32 Thank You for helping me out

  4. #4Tyler d4c2025-01-01 13:08

    If its like the 307ssr probably need to pull the covers between the boom and engine and check over the wiring. Our ssr had the wiring/ harness break in there before but i can remeber exactly where

  5. #5Newguy 7472025-01-01 13:25

    Ok Will check there Thank you!!

  6. #6Nige2025-01-01 17:10

    Do you have an electrical schematic.?

  7. #7Nige2025-01-01 21:06

    I'm assuming that you don't. Check your message inbox.