I need to make a couple of bushings for a bucket I repined, my machine uses a 90mm pin(3.54"). What should the clearance between the pin and bushing be? Thanks
Just enough so as the pin won't freeze in the bush about .5 of a mm.......should be sufficient
If I assume correctly that the pin is going to turn with the bucket, then .001" to .003" slip fit. But if the pin is not going to turn with bucket, (not very common) then you will .0045 to .008 for grease clearance.
Pin fit I like .005 either way. Gives you a little longer between rebushes. You might want to look at grease grooves in the bushes for good coverage. Wolf
Pin rotates with bucket. Bucket had thick 1/4" hardened bushings, most where busted up. Seems like the wrong place for a hard steel bushing, going to replace with mild steel.
mild steel is a waste of your time. They will beat right out.