Hey guys heres a newbie bucket question. Will a jcb bucket fit on a case, and visa versa? I have a case and found a fella with a few cheap jcb buckets, but I havent actually got to see them to see if they will interchange or not. Im kinda assuming they wont but it never hurts to ask!
They might but I dont think so. Ive never done it or seen it.
I would say 99% that it will not fit you can't even swap out buckets between models never mind different brands.
Must be like car parts. The only one who would benefit from standardizing would be the consumer. This is a good time to raise my question about Case buckets on the older models. I believe the front and rear buckets will interchange from the 580 CK through the B,C,D, and E models. Not sure about the K an L mountings. Can someone comment on this? Phil
buckets I dont know is the honest answer. BUT. Post the dimentions of your Case buckets, pin diameter, pin centre to centre, measurement between webs. There are two JCB 3cx on site I will try and get a tape measure on them tomorrow. Ye, got to work Sunday its a lane rental Just realised you might be talking bigger than wheeled exc :beatsme
Jcb - Case the jcb bucket will need work to fit as the case has a smaller rear pin and it is narrow between the ears,i have a converted jcb breaker on my case , it fits but the geomatry is not right ,if you have a set of buckets it may be worth geting a quick hitch to fit a case but pickup jcb buckets we have done this on a volvo ec 55 and it works well hope thishelps cheers graham
If you can, spend the money for a wainroy coupler, and the new buckets. That's the way all mine are. The Cat can switch buckets with the 580 and 590.
Wayne Roy is the way to go. Our last machine had that. The K,L, and M models all have universal couplers meaning they can take any case bucket. I think all case buckets are the same no matter what year.
Yeah they are I kept the buckets from my K. Now i have all the wain roys so I gave them to my cousin.
buckets Sorry it took so long to get a tape on those buckets, and I see you've had some pretty good replies. I make the JCB bucket dimentions, 42mm pins, 345mm pin centres, 165mm between lugs. Hope this helps.
reff buckets I have not seen any jcb buckets that will fit. most rental yards that have alot of machines use the coupler as listed, I had several backhoes before and this was a headace always,never had the correct bucket to switch out.
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums sheepfoot! :drinkup
Thanks for all the replies guys. The guy ended up wanting to keep his buckets anyways.
Be Carefull, read below. If you force one of these on it can break the coupler. BACKGROUND INFORMATION: The backhoe bucket part number plate provides bucket identification and also functions as a stop for the mechanical and hydraulic quick couplers. The identification plate to bucket pivot pin geometry may be incorrect on some of the new style Heavy Duty (HD) and High Capacity (HC) buckets. If the geometry is incorrect, it may be difficult or impossible to attach the bucket to the quick coupler. AFFECTED BUCKET PART NUMBERS: PART # DESCRIPTION 381488A4 12" HD 388843A1 16" HD 376384A1 18" HD 365328A1 24" HD 376385A1 30" HD 376386A1 36" HD 141232A2 24" HC 190267A2 30" HC The affected buckets were shipped with M-Series Loader / Backhoes [whole goods] and from Case Parts depots between the approximate dates of 15 October 2000 and 10 January 2001. Elast.........:drinkup