Has anyone ever compared the different types of aftermarket bucket teeth out there? We always get the "general purpose tooth" (1U3302) and I was wondering if there is a savings (increased wear) with some of the more expensive teeth? We have some machines that are loading within a gravel deposit while others are digging in clay. Thanks in advance for any advice/help.
I have been installing a lot of after market parts including teeth for years and in general they will last just about as long as stock teeth. A friend sells them all the time ,infact i asked about your question to day, his answer was (40-70%) saving and if you put TC on them they last alot longer and you will save alot of money. One thing you need to look at is the material you are in and how abrasive it is.I live in riverside, California and we can go from dirt to blue granite within a mile,so look at your material.good luck ,i hope this has helped
One of our operators is always ripping concrete and asphalt and for this he uses thin teeth. Every few weeks I will add a quick bead of weld with the MIG to help them last a little longer!
hi guy, it is depand on the raw material.
If you must use teeth on your loader, try a few different types that fit your adaptors on your bucket alongside each other and see what lasts the best for the least cost. For what I do I prefer either a bolt on or weld on wear edge to teeth.(on loader buckets) and teeth on most hoe/exc. buckets.