Our 924G's ride control has gone all wonky. I am not an operator by any means but I am very mechanically inclined. I am sure I could fix this issue of it not working, but would anyone happen to have a schematic on how these systems work on cat loaders/backhoes? All the simple things have been checked likes fuses and such.
Define "wonky"?
Does it work at all, in manual or auto? do you have power at the solenoid? What is the machines serial prefix, there are 14 different ones that may have differences.
Sorry, I forgot to say it does not work in either auto or manual. I don't know if it has any power anywhere. We only use it in the winter for snow removal/big blade plowing but it's a job for a rainy day to work on. I'd like to have a little more information on how these systems work prior to going in blind! I've never screwed around on a loader/backhoe when it comes to ride control systems so I'm not even sure how they work but with some guidance from a schematic, I am sure I could repair it! Where would said solenoid be located?
Basically the way ride control works is, when the loader is lifted the hyd oil in the head end of the cylinder holds it up. Because hyd oil does not compress it is held solid. Now when ride control is on, the hyd oil is tied into an accumulator that works like a shock absorber so the loader will bounce and move, now while driving it will be a smoother ride for the opperator. There are 3 positions on the switch, off, manual and auto. Manual will turn it on all the time and auto will turn it on while moving, normally when you reach 5mph it turns on and off below that. This is perfect for load and carry. To check if it is working, turn it off, raise the loader arms. now while watching the arms turn it to manual. you should see the loader arms drop and inch and bounce. If it is not working it could be an electrical problem, accumulator lost its charge or a mechanical problem in the system. The first step i would check is see if there is power at the solenoid. (check with the switch in manual not auto) The solenoid is in a manifold block, depending in what 924 you have it could be behind the sheet metal behind the left ladder or on the left front of the transmission mounted to the frame directly above the belly pan. normally buried in dirt. You use if for snow plowing? are you using float?
I personally don't use it for plowing. I'm a trucker, not an operator. Heaven knows what the operators do with the machine! I will check what prefix of 924 we have to give you a better idea. Would there be a drawing somewhere online for these?
Better than that - there might even be a detailed step-by-step procedure for checking the system. A complete Serial Number would help.
perfect!