Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bucket with hammer integrated

Tacodriver ยท 2008-01-25 20:17

Has anyone ever seen this? http://www.powertechci.com/index.html Looks like an interesting idea, I wonder how well it works and how durable it is. It would have been very handy the past couple weeks digging basements in 2 to 3 feet of frost.

Replies13
  1. #1iron kid2008-01-25 20:58

    looks like a winner i bet the cost is huge but looks like it will do 2 jobs in one tool

  2. #2Burnout2008-01-25 21:10

    Saw that about a year ago and I am having one of their reps send me some info on em. They have a few different attachments for em, breaker plate, a breaker point, and even a hoe pack attachment. Yeah the cost would be up there, but what does a breaker cost? a hoe pack? and a bucket?

  3. #3iron kid2008-01-25 21:21

    i think it have dirt stick in it if used it in any soft soil

  4. #4Eric2008-01-25 22:03

    WOW!! That looks really cool, I'd like to give it a whirl.

  5. #5iron kid2008-01-25 22:14

    i wounder how they hold up

  6. #6Burnout2008-01-25 23:28

    Got a price back on one... a 2000 series for a tractor backhoe goes for about 32-35 000 dollars. Ok so its a little more than I expected.

  7. #7iron kid2008-01-25 23:59

    i can change buckets for that price

  8. #8Tacodriver2008-01-26 00:10

    ouch for that price I can change over to a ripper to deal with frost.

  9. #9pwrstroke6john2008-01-26 02:22

    For that price Ill buy an older backhoe and leave a hammer on it.

  10. #10bobcat ron2008-01-26 11:03

    They are useless tools, if you dig a trench and there is rock to break through, you have to dig the trench even wider at the top to get the so called "hammer point" right along the bottom edge of the trench to get down to the depth you need, a conventional hammer on a hoe works much better.

  11. #11Burnout2008-01-26 18:06

    For that price I can buy some dynamite and still pay off the police for all the complaints.

  12. #12Breakerman2008-01-30 14:38

    If you're in Banff, Call Finning Cat... They distribute PowerTech's PicBucket. They probably can answer all your questions! But, one thing I know for a fact is that you can also rent a unit at The Cat Rental Store... approx. 3000$ a month range, not sure. From what I've heard, the selling 32-35 000$ range is for a complete kit including Bucket, Set of pins, packer plate, spade knife blade, flat trenching blade & a toolbox... for RT Backhoes & Excavators ranging from 5 to 11 tons... Keep on diggin!

  13. #13equipment fan2008-01-30 17:30

    Great details Breakerman,I have saw in a finning advertisment that one model of all the picbucket fit to the new cat 450e backhoe loader.Just imagine...Looks nice!