Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bucyrus Erie

Lawton Hicks ยท 2007-10-02 21:36

Gotta Love Dirt fella's. This is my first post with HEF, I'm finally off probation , anyway its **** to find another place to learn about my equip and pick the brains of all you experts out there. I just purchased a Dynahoe 200-4 for my farm in east Kansas. I have 25 acres that resembles more Appalachian terrain than Ks and I'm placing a pond at the end of a 1/2 mile draw. The elevation change is about 90 ft per Google Earth and the vallay width is at least 100 yds where I want the dam. Hopefully I can get a 2.3 - 3 acre pond out of the deal. I had the job bid by a local excavator and $30k was the cheapest, so I said **** that and I'll buy a piece of equipment. I am super stoked. I have run bobcats and different skid loaders, but this thing is a beast of a backhoe. Check out the pics and again thanks for being around, I'm sure I'll bug you all soon enough. Lawton "The Rookie" Hicks :usa

Replies1
  1. #1cat3202007-10-02 22:50

    They are not the quickest machine but it will dig very well for you. I know around my part my town had one just like yours that they did all there water line work with untill they got into excavators . good luck with your pond don't forget to take the before and after pics of the project.