I am looking for a dragline rig. I thought I found what I wanted but didn't work out. I am now being guided toward a Bucyrus Erie 30B HD. I am somewhat familiar with that crane but not completely up to speed on the differences between a 30B Standard, 30B HD and a 30B Super. I'm sure there are people here that do know. I definitely want air controls. I want to be in the 1.5 C/Y range. I have a 50T level deck lowboy and don't want to buy a beam trailer in order to move it. I think that rules out a Super. As I understand it, the Standard is a 30T, the HD is a 40T and the Super is a 60T machine, is that right? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks. - Tom
Good old cranes, 40,50,60,, the 40 ton we used to haul with counterweight still on with a 3 axle lowboy, the 50 & 60 ton cranes we removed counterweights with a portable hydraulic system with 2 cylinders attached to the ears above counterweights, also you could extend the tracks on the 50 & 60 tons only difference is extra counterweight on 60 ton, we hauled them on the same 3 axle lowboy