Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Budd and hub pilot…

simonsrplant · 2024-04-29 20:40

I'll probably take some heat for this question but.... Could a hub pilot rim be machined to suit a budd mounting? I'll take cover now ...

Replies6
  1. #1Truck Shop2024-04-29 20:46

    Yes.

  2. #2Junkyard2024-04-29 20:47

    I’ve seen it done, I don’t know what all he used for tooling but it was done. IIRC Johnny Moore in TX had built a super 13 or a 19 with some axles he had which were budd. Couldn’t find wheels that weren’t stupid $$. That many wheel ends getting swapped would have also been $$. So he got a deal on some hub pilot aluminum wheels and made them budd.

  3. #3Truck Shop2024-04-29 20:53

    Single edge cutter in a bridge port mill. All of these were hub pilot that I converted. *

  4. #4Welder Dave2024-04-30 05:09

    Great question with great answers.

  5. #5simonsrplant2024-05-14 16:09

    Thanks guys.

  6. #6cfherrman2024-05-15 09:22

    How long it take you? I'm just trying to guess at a price