Anyone know a rough cost of a rebuildable core Case 580K pump? Between a 88-91 model
U got any pump #'s so we can stay in the same family..??
Lucas CAV. The only #’s I can come up with is U3042F152. Can’t promise by those either cause the tag is all scuffed up.
Pumpguy try this see if it makes sense. The tag is dented & scuffed up.
Whats the deal w/ yours.?? u do know I can rebuild them right.?? Lemme make a couple of calls..
everyone is out to lunch.. prob. be an hour before I hear anything..
Well that’s the problem, I should’ve contacted you first. I’ve got the pump sent off for repair now. This company says the pump is locked up on the inside & is non repairable, I need another core to rebuild he said. He’s supposedly looking for a good core. The original problem started, with the backhoe dying & not starting back. With everything checked, I was getting fuel to the pump but not 1 single drop out of it.
Live & learn I guess.. all u need is a Head & Rotor & I'll bet they gave u list price on it.. I'll look it up & do a search for the H&R & let u know something.. There seems to be a SERIOUS PROBLEM w/ either the filtration system or the owners of those machines but I have 2 or 3 of them w/ seized H&R's.. that I use for parts..
So even if the pump is locked up as he states, the head & rotor can be changed in the pump & it fixed? He hasn’t gave a price on anything yet, other than the first initial rebuild which was just the basic rebuild $430. So I guess I’m assuming he’s looking for a pump with a good head & rotor to rebuild it or use the head & rotor for mine. I’m not sure he’s supposed to call back when he locates something before he makes any decisions. As far as the filtration system the thing has 3 filters on it which I maintain pretty good. It has a regular spin on filter & a spin on water separator plus a small metal inline fuel filter. You’d think that would be precise enough.
Let me ask you this Pumpguy, if something caused this to damage the pump do you think I should pull the injectors to make sure non is blocked off. Is there a way to bench test them at home, such as something I could get to do it?
sent u a PRVT msg..
U should DEF. pull the injectors.. Theres nothing u can do to check them.. If u hook them up to a running diesel that the line would hook up to.. & hooked the 580 inj. up to it.. if the injectors were plugged up, they would SEIZE the running inj. pump.. PLUS, u have to stand away from the injector because if it fires & your close, the spray will penetrate your skin.!!
And possibly kill you or at the least lead to the need to amputate part of your body that is injected with the fuel oil. For some light reading check this out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_pressure_injection_injury
Man if that ain’t some interesting information. Knew it was high pressure but gosh oh.
I was going over this thread this morning & realized, the people u sent the pump to should press/cut the head apart & tell u what caused the seizure.. We have a seizure chart to go by.. It doesn’t sound like your getting much for your money?? THATS the 1st thing “I” woulda told u.. “Your pumps seized, I’m gonna cut it apart to see if I can narrow down the cause... BUT, u gotta pull those injectors !! “I’ll look for a donor pump, but if I can’t find you 1, a new H&R will cost X “.. THATS THE WAY “I” do business..
I appreciate it Pumpguy, thanks for the info & the help. Hopefully this all works out good in the end.
U & I are in the same boat my friend.. All it takes is money to fix our problems... U w/ your pump & me w/ my electrical box..