Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580ck backhoe model 33

Not2clever · 2020-02-14 19:29

I am trying to take the extend a whole cylinder off a backhoe model 33. I can’t seem to get the dipper cylinder separated from extend a hoe cylinder. Is there a secret I don’t know or do I just need a bigger hammer? 20 lb sledge instead of a 4? There isn’t a full width bushing, you can see where they separate. Thanks for your patience!

Replies3
  1. #1Tinkerer2020-02-15 07:21

    There are two bushings in the cylinder eyes.. When they are in the correct position there is a groove between them for grease. Yours looks like the bushing has moved inward and is locking the two cylinders together. It may require removing the bushings to get the cylinders removed.

  2. #2Not2clever2020-02-15 08:00

    Thanks so much for all your help. I bought this for my husbands’ Christmas present but unfortunately he is NOT mechanically inclined and growing up on a ranch, I have always had to be!

  3. #3Not2clever2020-02-15 12:43

    Yep, Tinkerer, you were right as usual. Once I beat the bushing back, came off like a dream.