Im looking to order a pre cut building kit for a shop Im building here in Nevada, can anyone recommend a company you have had a good experience with, either wood "pole barn" style or steel? Currently I'm overwhelmed by options and all the salesman I have been talking to. I need to get this going! Thanks.
How big?? I used newmart builders inc.. They had a dealer local.. I just popped in one day, toldm what I was "thinking about".. and he gave me a pamphlet & it was ON from there.. I KNEW what size I wanted.. the friggin color & trim & door location was the hard part..Lol The process was painless.. I wrote a check for 10% down & had a delivery & set-up date before I left.. My 25x32 cost 6500.00 in the "book" but I upgraded to Hurricane steel, a 10x10 roll up door & fancy trim.. w/ taxes came to 8K. w/ the size of the thing, I coulda got 2 roll ups.. I'm VERY happy w/ the whole process & will probably do it again in the future.. They even left me enough material to cover my pump house to match the shop. Did THAT last week & it looks GOOD..
Thanks pumpguy, looking into this now!!
Im think 24'x36' or a little bigger.
It doesn't seem like their steel is beefy enough.
And they wont sell to me because I live in Nevada, yay!!
That's a new one. I know people who have stuff dropped in Nevada and smuggle it over here. Maybe you could get it in Oregon or Utah or Idaho and smuggle it in.
go bigger , you are already out space and don't have it yet
Yeah I would have gone bigger.. maybe 40ish.. Are you getting a concrete floor? The actual dimensions of the building is 1' shorted than advertised.. keep that in mind. So if you order a 24x32..you get a 23x31 assembled. Like I said, I upgraded to hurricane steel.. it seems stout enough to me.. can hardly drill thru it.. but then again I'm not gonna be hangin engine blocks from mine. Lol
Another thing to consider is, the cost to finish it out.. wood walls, insulation, running electric, led lites, electrical sockets, cooling & heating, on & on.. I've spent thousands..
What are you going to use the building for?
That's right about the size where a pole building doesn't make as much sense as traditional building methods, stick built or block. Pole buildings are great for farmers to keep the baler out of the weather, but once you start pouring a floor and finishing the inside, you realize there's no savings over traditional construction below a certain size. I've never done much steel, so I'm only comparing wood to wood. Is this going to be heated or cooled? finished with electricity and air? floor? What do you plan to work on?
I don't know about a steel building, but ~$15sq ft is a pretty close estimate for a no frills, basic pole barn with 4" concrete floor. Taller barn, extra doors, thicker floor, etc all jack the price up. Morton buildings, Wick Buildings and Lester Buildings are all large pole barn outfits. I don't know if they're national though, they might just be a Midwest thing.
You might price one out from Web Steel Buildings out of Sandy, Oregon. Simple, easy to erect, good quality, and not too bad on the pocketbook (last I heard). Not recently, but I built a LOT of their product.
When I was looking for mine, I did a search & found A LOT of used or unassembled buildings for sale. You know, folks that bought one & didn't put it up.. I had a chance to get a 50x60 or something huge like that for PENNIES..something like 4K.. guy bought it, had medical problems & needed the money.. I don't have the experience or machinery to install it myself, so I passed. Going THAT ROUTE is scary tho.. you never really know if all the parts are there until your up in the air.. then what??
When I was putting up buildings I had calls from people that got "good deals" on buildings off of Craigslist and such- sorry, that's going to be a T&M job. I think I only did one like that and as I remember it was a nightmare for the crew and customer. Big issue with one that has been sitting on the ground for a time is the roofing/siding gets moisture between the sheets and makes like a battery and pits the surface= new product unless you like that "rat rod rusty" look soon.