I'm thinking of building a bolt on tooth bar for my 82" 4 in 1 bucket. My plan is to take a piece of 3/8" x 2" plate across where the cutting edge bolts are. Drill 10 holes and bolt it to them. Then get the backhoe weld on shanks. Hook them on the cutting edge then run little strips of the 3/8" Plate towards the cutting edge to weld the shank adapters. That way come snow plowing time a few minutes with the rattle gun and it's just a cutting edge again. I was going to go with the 230 series h&l style teeth and adapters so then I could interchange with the teeth on my hoe bucket. I'll post pics when I start building I already have a bit of 3/8" steel so I just need to go buy 9 or so shanks and teeth.
Best thing i ever did. You will wish you did it a long time ago.
I planned on it back when I still had my little kubota with a 60" bucket. I thought about not building one for my 580sk because it still fills the bucket about every time with just a worn out cutting edge. Then I thought imagine how heaped the buckets will be if there is 9 or so teeth digging on the front too. So i plan to start building that one sometime here in the near future.
Dixon I wish I could get a pic uploaded. Mine is like one for a skid steer, one bolt on each end. I can put it on or take it off in about 5 minutes. I can email i the pics if you want to see them. Jeff
Photobucket works great for getting pics on forums. You most likely have a bar like what I planned for my kubota when I had it.
For some reason the forum is giving me invalid link when I try to insert the actual pic. Not really sure why because it worked before....
I built one with 1/2 strap because I had it. 3/8 would do. Got the teeth & shanks from Terra-cut supply http://www.terracutsupply.com/ in Canada as they had the best price I could find. 10 of F-SA-15625 shanks @ $7.83 each and 10 F-8002A (2AF) teeth $2.15 each 10 F-RP H2A flex pins $0.38 each. Fed Ex $50 this was May 2010 so probably doubled by now. All of it was shipped from Fabco in Findlay Ohio. http://www.fabco-inc.com/groundengaging/products.asp You don't need all those bolts, 2 is plenty as the shanks go under the cutting edge and keep it in place. Joe H
It is quite easy to post pictures dixon. Here is Willies easy as can be guide. HeavyEquipmentForums
Shanks aren't long enough to reach back past the bolts and if I put the plate in front of the bolts there isn't enough room. Plus I already have the 10 center holes shot in piece of plate. I just need to figure how wide and how long of an oval so then there is adjustment for when I replace the worn out cutting edge. Haven't had no time to work on it lately. I got 11 shanks and 9 teeth with 9 flex pins from romanac industrial on ebay for $230. I didn't get 11 teeth because max amount allowed in ebay cart is 20 items. Lol. Local dealer wanted $330 for 11 teeth and shanks same romanac brand... they had to order them at the dealer anyways they only had 3 shanks and 14 teeth. For right now I'll just throw an old tooth from the backhoe bucket on each end of the tooth bar then when I have a chance I'll go buy 2 new teeth. I'm building my bar with all 230 series stuff so I can swap back and forth from the hoe bucket to the front. I may end up getting 2 twin tigers for the outer edge of the tooth bar like my backhoe bucket. Those twin tigers tear stuff up.
Serrated edge This does the job, hardened steel and allows you to scrape without removing it: http://products.ceattachments.com/C...P=filter&catKey=28601&filterDispName=Serrated (Click on "Download full specs" and you'll get a fantastic picture of the edge)
OK, I figured out how to upload the picture. Found this at CE Attachments
I didn't see one listed that would fit my bucket. My bucket is 82" and 10) 3/4" bolts with 8" spacing. I had looked into a rezloh cutting edge and thought it looked like a great idea, but they were $1300. In my tooth bar I'll have some time and the $230 into the shanks and teeth. I don't think I could buy a tooth bar for anything near that.