Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Building Bushings for Hitachi EX60URG

quillc ยท 2023-07-29 02:55

I have a mid 90's Hitachi EX60URG (grey market machine) that is in need of some bushings & pins in a few places. I can get some of the bushings and most of the pins online between Ebay and a couple of websites that I've found that list the part numbers. Some of them I've run up short and appear to be NLA. The local JD dealership is in the "customer no service" mode since their divorce from Hitachi. I've had them look for bushings for a JD 70D and they come up NLA as well. End result is that I'll need to make them. So what material is usually used for these bushings? 1080? 4130? 4140? Something else? Same question for pin material. Are the pins/bushings hardened? Any advice would be appreciated. For reference, I've got an older Clausing lathe and have enough experience to not be intimidated making this stuff. No milling machine available, so grease holes will be drilled with my drill press.

Replies1
  1. #1uffex2023-07-30 12:55

    Good day With respect, achieving the longevity you need will be difficult, making your own bush's. These are normally hardened using factory facilities. I have attached a link and a SKF document that may be of help. SKF must be the worlds most respected when it comes to such components. A fellow that supplies some Hitachi parts although in the UK has a link here. It is not a recommendation on my part. https://www.johnconaty.com/Pins-Bushing-Teeth-and-Shims-s/2330.htm