We have a potential job of fixing a dirt road about 3/4 mile long. Probably 14’ wide. It need to be built up in places. I know where I can get a dresser motorized pan for decent money. If we have a pit at each end to draw from how hard is it to lay down a fairly smooth bed. We have dozers and excavators for fixing drainage and making ditches on either side. Just never ran a pan before. Thanks. Oh and this is a private rd for a farm.
Depends on your material. If its chunky clay its going to bounce your back tires when you spread and make your fill rough but if it's fine material and you go slower you can lay the material out and make it very smooth. They work great for ditches too if they're long and straight.
Ok cool. I think it’s mostly sandy type clay. Not real dark rich clay
Buy or rent a Sheeps Foot roller, do yourself a favor for busting up clods chunks and compacting as roll it out.
Tenfo
You’re lucky to have good material. I’m usually in rock or shale. Not much sand where I live unless I do work close to the river which is rare. Moving rock gets expensive. Got another tire the other day.
Tire repair always is hated lol. That’s a cool looking setup. Looks like a military unit. I like it!
Thanks. I bought 2 of them almost 4 years ago. Great machines. 300 and 500 hours for only 40k a piece. My guys named them Aunt Jessie and Bertha
Too funny! They are choice!