Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pull scraper hitch

roysbigtoys ยท 2019-09-01 09:49

I just bought a John Deere 9560R scraper special tractor and need a Reynolds style draw bar hitch. I pull a Ashland scraper and Ashland wants about $2500 for a new hitch. From what I understand, the same hitch will fit everything from a 9410R to a 9630. I was wondering if there is anyone who has good used ones or at least a cheaper new one? Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Shimmy12019-09-01 15:35

    http://usascrapers.com/

  2. #2roysbigtoys2019-09-06 07:01

    Thanks Shimmy I ended up calling USA Scraper, Pulls Scraper Parts and Custom Made Products.....and a bunch of equipment dealers that handled either Ashland or any scraper that take a Reynolds style hitch trying to find a cheaper used hitch and never found one for a 9560R Scraper Special. Most dealers sold a non quick-hitch drawbar that was flat with a very heavy piece of pipe/steel bushing welded crossways.....it was about half price of a Ashland quick hitch drawbar. One dealer had a used long drawbar for a 9560R ag tractor that could be shortened and a new hole drilled that would he said would work. That got me to thinkin'.....I still have Ashland scraper drawbar from a previous JD ag tractor that I think I can modify to fit the new tractor. So now I am waiting for the new tractor to be delivered from out state before I can start modifying the old one. We'll see if it will work.