My BIL has a 94 580SK.One of the swing cylinders is leaking out of the rod seal.I used to have a 580SL and i had to build the swing cylinders on it and because of the way they are mounted on the tower it was much easier to build them on the machine and leave the tubes or bores in place.The SK is very different and the cylinders look like they could be removed alot easier with pins on both ends.Would it be easier to remove complete cylinders and bench build them on SK?
I would just unpin and take them out, or pull the rods, have to crack the lines anyway and should not add more than 5-10 min to the job. If you have a gland wrench loosen the gland while on the machine. Done them both way's on and off the machine.
Most that I know rebuild swing cylinders on the machine.