Saw a interesting machine sell at a auction today. It was a 1995 310d 4x4 open rops with about 400 original hours, paint still on the buckets and the machine has been parked inside since new. I had a hard time guessing what it would bring, with it's age, but it would go as a new one if a d model was new now. Give some guesses and then I will tell what it brought. I just want to see how everyone else would look at this kind of deal, thanks.
$30K, since all the rubber is still almost 20 years old, even if it hasn't worn, it has aged.
25-30k...... But you never know.....
The tired had been replaced about 10 months ago, then the guy died. Lets see if we can get a few more guesses, I won't leave y'all hanging.
I'll be willing to bet some blowhard paid $40K for it.
Nope, less than 40k but a little higher than I thought it was worth, lets get a couple more ideas.
Ok, looks like the interest is about gone, so it sold for 24k, before the sale I thought that 25k would not be out of line, because someone looking at buying a new 310 with open rops and 4x4 could honestly buy this one and have about as good of rig and be saving 50 or 60k, but it still is 18 years old with no warranty and it's 4 models old. So really I thought that seemed high, when about 30k will get you a 10 year newer machine with a cab extendahoe and still have reasonable hours.
Yair . . . Has it got less electronics than the later stuff? . . . that would be a deal maker in my world. Cheers
I don't know about a 310d, but a 610c has an injection pump solenoid, a destroke solenoid, a "return to dig" solenoid, two neutral switches, a starter and an alternator. And of course the gauges are all electric. Just about right for me. A pony motor might be cool, but it starts easy enough with a warm battery. I agree, a simple electric system would be very attractive.
Yes very appealing , but still if you had bought it for that and then needed to sell it, I don't know how much your gonna lose.