Don't know if I can afford to work, put 150 gals of red in the dozer @ $3.94 = $591.00 kinda takes the fun out of things.
Nice dozer! good work pics of it too. thanks!
Here your holding pond would come with water before you got started.Looks dry out your direction. Super clean looking machine there. Yeah high fuel is taking the fun out of it,then add wallowing around in the mud belly deep doesn't help here. Thanks for sharing the pics !!!!!!!!:usa
Great looking dozer Pete:drinkup
fine looking old legend..... 855.... does that have anything to do with your love for Cummin pete? haha
Cat D8K ? Hello DPete, Huh, All the D8K's I run had the lay down muffler. Looks weird to see that vertical one. See you got the push Cat Radiator grill guard. I least that's what I call it. Direct the air upwards instead of into the dirt over the blade. Creating more dust. Double teaming with Push Cats, the lead man always got roasted from the 2nd man pushing. Unless the blast deflector was on the 2nd Cat. Later, Northart
That is seriously one sexy lookin bulldozer.
Thats a great lookin D8K cant go wrong with low drive Cats
Really nice...don't see many as straight as that any more.:notworthy
Cherish the fun more. Hi, DPete. Thanks for sharing, THAT is one very nice D8K. H**l, it looks almost as if somebody cares for it. LOL. The pond looks pretty neat too. With the price of fuel where it is these days, you just have to enjoy the fun you do have a little more to get bang for your buck. LOL. Thanks again.
It's a late K 77V18843 for some reason the previous owner changed to the H stack, I just never changed it back. Thanks for the kind words. To bad I did'nt have the cam when I slid off the bank with the 623 loaded, I don't run it much and wasn't sure what to do but made it off OK. Got a little to close to the edge.
So Pete, your gunna fill the pond up with diesel then???
Pond is going to recieve cow poo
Must be good money in poo then:cool2
Those are great pics. The price to play is just really getting me down.
California is worse... 3 weeks ago I was "lucky" to pay $4.09 to fill my 275 gallon tank...today the best price is $4.39 here in the Central valley of Cal. No end in site my brothers.
What gets me is the state sales tax keeps multiplying per gallon. Pretty soon it will pass the Federal tax. State tax of 7.75% on $4.39= $0.34 per gal for just state tax . I mean the economy is crappy enough without the state gettin rich off of ya :Banghead Farmers get a break they only pay 2% what about the rest of us poor bastaches ?
Nice looking k DPete, good to see a picture of one of your K's,a real neat machine. I thought we were the only suckers to have a tax multiplyer on fuel-red at present is 57 pence a litre which I think is $4 80 a gallon. regards Neil
Great looking machine. Thanks for sharing your project with the rest of the world. Wish you could come to our place and finish our pond faster.
Nice pics. :usa
Fuel tax Hi, NeilD. Nope, you ain't the only ones with exorbitant fuel taxes. We have what our 'leaders' call 'World Price Parity' where they tax the bejazuz out of the crude oil coming into the country as well as our locally produced oil to bring the bowser price up to some 'benchmark' that nobody but them seems to comprehend. The federal Government is making several HUGE mints out of it and putting it all straight into 'consolidated revenue' while we get poorer and our roads get NO better.
Fuel Taxes ? We pay in Alaska , $0.085 State Tax and $0.24 Federal Tax for a total of $0.325 per gallon here. Fixed, not sliding or %.
fuel Now Northart there was no call for that-you wanna depress us all together?? Hi Deas, there was a series of documentaries called "Hidden Rulers of the World" on tv a few years ago,scary progams! I missed them apart from a few bits and pieces but I find it remarkable that so many countries have very,very similiar policies such as this fuel tax. Anyhow back to more mundane items-I finally got to go ripping with the 9G this week,it would have been ok except I encountered "Irelands affliction" good ole blue rock as the locals call it. Our Cat dealer product support guy reckons the emerald isles contain some of the hardest rock in the world!!! Neil
Hardest Rock???????????????? Hi, Neil D. So Ireland has some of the hardest rock in the world, huh? I know Ireland's produced some of the hardest heads in the world. I've seen a few Irishmen who dearly loved a good 'foight'. LOL. Glad you got the '9' working, Mate. Enjoy. That's an order. LOL. BTW, how did the old girl perform? And PHOTOS, Mate. Where are the photos? LOL.
Fuel Taxes ? Hello Neil D, Huh ! Noooowww you got me . I guess, I hope, this State doesn't learn to copy, the % rate . The reason I know the flat rate, is that I called the Taxation office to learn the exact tax rates for fuel. When Home heating Oil is tax free, and I was paying exactly the same rate as road retail,that is taxed. So it was the fuel distributors just gouging us for an extra $0.325 per gallon. They were already making a profit as it was,on home heating oil. State said there was nothing they could do.! All the companies were gouging us,on home heating oil. No choice when they gang up together. Lot of people noticed this and were calling the legislators,(NO Help There) , finally the fuel (heating oil)prices pulled back slightly.