Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Found Nice D8K North of Kremling, Colo

gd10r ยท 2008-04-23 00:28

Found this sitting on the side of the road, N of Kremling, Co, S of Granby, along the Colorado River and the UPRR mainline. Sorry no for sale sign. These are the best shots, it was parked the wrong way into the sun, if I got good photos, sun over my shoulder, they would have a nasty old bomag roller in them, as it was parked due west. Also, had to include photos of my new ride, wanted one since they were new, nothing like a V6 and Twin Turbos to scoot you over the hill at 80MPH at near 10,000 feet, This car may acutally finally get me arrested. Had to share these photos of a very nice old machine, I thought you all would enjoy. Graham

Replies24
  1. #1humboldt deere2008-04-23 00:34

    Sounds like you got a super fast station wagon. I hope we can leave a good portion of the world unpaved.

  2. #2CatSkinner77V2008-04-23 00:55

    thats a fine looking old K, looks like to me one of the earlier models. under the 5000 serial number if i was a betting man. i should post some pictures of mine on here when i get her all back together..... the only thing left in the frame right now is final drives and bare block. giving her a 40,000 dollar overhaul haha. she made me too much money last year and it was my first machine, so I didn't have the heart to patch her up and pawn it off in some auction sale somewhere..... the first thing i did when i bought her was stip that stupid lay down muffler system off the hood and ordered up a 90 degree elbow that comes off the turbo for an H and stuck a 8 inch chrome straight pipe through the canopy.... I always loved how those old 46A's sounded... well a straight piped K is alittle louder yet haha.

  3. #3JDOFMEMI2008-04-23 00:56

    Thanks Graham Looks like a pretty old K with the exhaust right up near the cab like that. I bet it has pushed a lot of dirt in its 30+ years. I bet they are glad to have the cab there in Kremling.

  4. #4bear2008-04-23 00:58

    that bad boy has some serious armor on the blade. must push lots of rock huh.

  5. #5CatSkinner77V2008-04-23 01:00

    either that or the blade face is all worn out and they patched it up... bougth a blade one time at an auction that some tardo had bondo'ed the holes and painted over it, it all fell off before we even got it home on the trailer.

  6. #6bear2008-04-23 01:15

    That sucks. and i hope this one isn't like that. to me it looks almost planned in a way if you get my drift.

  7. #7CatSkinner77V2008-04-23 01:17

    yea i think your probably right haha

  8. #8ConstSite2008-04-23 01:32

    Nice find! She looks great for her age. - Chris BTW: Will this be the scene on the way to South Dakota? :waving

  9. #9RonG2008-04-23 06:50

    That Granby Colorado is where the old guy went nuts and tore up the town with a dozer a few years ago wasn't it?I think it was a big Komatsu as I remember but he had it all bulletproofed so it was hard to tell.Do you have any updates to that story that we may not have heard about?Ron G

  10. #10euclid2008-04-23 07:19

    Great fotoshop

  11. #11CatSkinner77V2008-04-23 10:34

    RonG, i am pretty sure the killdozer was a older D9, looked to me like a G.

  12. #12bear2008-04-23 14:16

    No he was driving a Komatsu d355a. Here's a link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Heemeyer In a way i feel bad he got done the way he did but that is no call to go on a rampage.

  13. #13euclid2008-04-23 14:31

    Looks like something I'd see in the west bank of gaza strip.

  14. #14stretch2008-04-23 14:56

    Komatsu D355...The Feds put it on a lowboy and towed it around the country for show. then they didn't want anyone to have the dozer for some reason so they scrapped it. Too bad, that would've been cool to see in a museum. BTW nice D8K, good to see it still around. And nice cop photoshop!

  15. #15aqeel12008-04-23 15:23

    komatsu dozer Anybody know the difference between komatsu D85A and D85E dozer?

  16. #16RonG2008-04-23 15:50

    That's an awfully big dozer to be toting around just to show it off........... our tax dollahs at werk!!!Ron G

  17. #17CatSkinner77V2008-04-23 19:59

    Killdozer i am sorry, but i just can't see the Komatsu in that picture, that looks like Cat undercarriage and blade arms to me..... just because the media said it was a Komatsu doesn't make it true haha. they screw up all the time fellas.

  18. #18Rusted2008-04-24 00:06

    Looking at the D8 pics at the start of the thread....I know it says it's a K...and I see it has a 4 barrel ripper...and I know someone could have changed the stack to the old way...but something about that cab is saying it's an H.:beatsme

  19. #1995zIV2008-04-24 00:13

    I don't have my camera in the hotel with me but I've got pictures of that same dozer. We sat next to it for acouple of hours waiting to get time to get on track and test. That same guy has another one just west of that one. It was in Flat, Co. the corner of county road 21 and route 40.

  20. #20petersfamilytru2008-04-24 01:06

    Those pictures brought back some very fond memories of my high school years... My Dad has a 46A that I got to run during the summers expanding his cranberry farm. I was a lousy catskinner, but I somehow had a real talent for backing over power poles... Nice picks... looks like a 46A (H) to me.

  21. #21RonG2008-04-24 06:09

    I thought it to be an "H" too but I just made a quick judgement based on the stack location.It must be a "K" or the owner would have said so.Ron G

  22. #22jzgator2009-06-23 16:12

    Aqeel1, Did you ever get your Dynapac rollers?

  23. #23jzgator2009-06-23 16:14

    Dynapac Rollers Aqeel1, Still lookin for 3?

  24. #24aqeel12009-06-23 16:40

    dynapac yes, you have any?